View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:22 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakedOut View Post
Lb still has the best rap forum. Changing the background color won't make you rap better. The main problem is activity and why do new heads keep leaving? Lets start with that. Good battlers need to start helping the weak elevate. More heavyweights, the better the battles and that will attract more people. Instead of waiting for a Lbt Card or w.e tourney, battle somebody thats good. If I was a new head and I seen the hotlist of today, I would probably leave to.
I don't think skill level is an issue. The new people who join LB aren't seasoned vets, they are generally weak writers, so the skill level of the site isn't an issue (and that's coming from a guy who's dedicated most of his LB time to doing exactly what you suggested).

The issue is that no one is happy on the site. Adding the radio which like 4 people listen to. Adding a live event which none of us will be attending. We need to FIX things, not add things. The problem is that Pseudo, the Letsbeef coder, barely knows the site exists. If you bring this up to Pugz, he tells you that loads is going on behind the scenes and stuff is getting done. Bullshit. Pugz has been admin for about 3 years and the only thing that's been added is the little voting thing on profiles. Instead of putting his money into the radio and instead of putting money into a live event, put money into making into the website itself. I'm not going to tell the guy how to spend his own money, but I do know what will be best for the site. LB needs an entire overhaul to keep the members motivated and to entice the previous members back to the site. Once that happens, everyone will be happy on the site and everyone will want to battle and pitch in.

If I knew my opinion was even being listened to and taken into account, I'd have NO problem with going out and bringing new people to the site. But simple thing is, it's not. Like Fiji said, my opinion isn't wanted. The site would sooner be shut down than have my input included. That's the sad thing, cause it's people that haven't done half as much as us who have that are preventing these changes from taking place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Co-Sign What EtH Said Except That Asshole Didn't Mention Me Lol

Also, If You're Staff You're Supposed To Bring Activity Otherwise Leave The Position, No Harm No Foul.
Don't Give That "Oh Real Life Is Crazy Right Now But I'll Be Active Soon" RULE "Retired" Twice And Left His Post, If He Can Do It You Should Too.

Activity Doesn't Mean A Million Tournaments Either, I Think They're WAY Too Many Events Going On At The Same Time That's Why People No-Show Or Have Time To Reply To Everything, Sure They Sign-up But As Soon As It Comes Times To Posting They Don't.
I actually did have you mentioned in a bit but deleted it as I thought I'd have to mention literally everyone ever lol.
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #73

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakedOut View Post
Lb still has the best rap forum. Changing the background color won't make you rap better. The main problem is activity and why do new heads keep leaving? Lets start with that. Good battlers need to start helping the weak elevate. More heavyweights, the better the battles and that will attract more people. Instead of waiting for a Lbt Card or w.e tourney, battle somebody thats good. If I was a new head and I seen the hotlist of today, I would probably leave to.
I don't think skill level is an issue. The new people who join LB aren't seasoned vets, they are generally weak writers, so the skill level of the site isn't an issue (and that's coming from a guy who's dedicated most of his LB time to doing exactly what you suggested).

The issue is that no one is happy on the site. Adding the radio which like 4 people listen to. Adding a live event which none of us will be attending. We need to FIX things, not add things. The problem is that Pseudo, the Letsbeef coder, barely knows the site exists. If you bring this up to Pugz, he tells you that loads is going on behind the scenes and stuff is getting done. Bullshit. Pugz has been admin for about 3 years and the only thing that's been added is the little voting thing on profiles. Instead of putting his money into the radio and instead of putting money into a live event, put money into making into the website itself. I'm not going to tell the guy how to spend his own money, but I do know what will be best for the site. LB needs an entire overhaul to keep the members motivated and to entice the previous members back to the site. Once that happens, everyone will be happy on the site and everyone will want to battle and pitch in.

If I knew my opinion was even being listened to and taken into account, I'd have NO problem with going out and bringing new people to the site. But simple thing is, it's not. Like Fiji said, my opinion isn't wanted. The site would sooner be shut down than have my input included. That's the sad thing, cause it's people that haven't done half as much as us who have that are preventing these changes from taking place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Co-Sign What EtH Said Except That Asshole Didn't Mention Me Lol

Also, If You're Staff You're Supposed To Bring Activity Otherwise Leave The Position, No Harm No Foul.
Don't Give That "Oh Real Life Is Crazy Right Now But I'll Be Active Soon" RULE "Retired" Twice And Left His Post, If He Can Do It You Should Too.

Activity Doesn't Mean A Million Tournaments Either, I Think They're WAY Too Many Events Going On At The Same Time That's Why People No-Show Or Have Time To Reply To Everything, Sure They Sign-up But As Soon As It Comes Times To Posting They Don't.
I actually did have you mentioned in a bit but deleted it as I thought I'd have to mention literally everyone ever lol.