View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2020, 03:43 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

A few competitors have been asking for clarification around what a concept battle is, so I thought I’d put a general explanation here. With the exception of Kompz and Zooka, who just have to write guts-and-gore type bars (the final of the last text concept tournament is a good example if you look back for it) everyone else has been given some kind of thing as their concept. The idea is that you write a normal battle verse attacking your opponent, but that every punch is themed around your concept. A memorable example of this in the last text concept tournament is this battle between CakedOut and Brayne Ded. This is a pretty simple example of how to stick to the concept in a text verse. You can get even more creative with it (in Brayne Ded’s verse in the next round against Shodan the concept was “the Amish” so he wrote the whole thing in the way they speak) but if you’re new to it I’d recommend sticking to a normal battle verse but with each bar being themed on your concept.

If anyone wants further explanation or doesn’t understand their concept feel free to contact me.
Unread 03-12-2020, 03:43 AM   #3

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

A few competitors have been asking for clarification around what a concept battle is, so I thought I’d put a general explanation here. With the exception of Kompz and Zooka, who just have to write guts-and-gore type bars (the final of the last text concept tournament is a good example if you look back for it) everyone else has been given some kind of thing as their concept. The idea is that you write a normal battle verse attacking your opponent, but that every punch is themed around your concept. A memorable example of this in the last text concept tournament is this battle between CakedOut and Brayne Ded. This is a pretty simple example of how to stick to the concept in a text verse. You can get even more creative with it (in Brayne Ded’s verse in the next round against Shodan the concept was “the Amish” so he wrote the whole thing in the way they speak) but if you’re new to it I’d recommend sticking to a normal battle verse but with each bar being themed on your concept.

If anyone wants further explanation or doesn’t understand their concept feel free to contact me.