View Single Post
Unread 10-17-2015, 11:07 AM
The Ghost of Freak
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krhyme Killz View Post
So i've been seeing more and more...'respect the culture' when it comes to battle rap. The reality is...battle rap has no culture. It is quite literally a bastardized, less creative version of hip hop. How do i know this? Well....read through these battles. Fucking anyone can do it. To compare Battle Rap to actual Hip Hop music is insulting.

Battle rap is one small element of the music. Its like saying that the Harlem Globetrotters could beat the '95 Bulls. One is a complete team, completing against other complete teams in all facets of the game...defense, pressure, crowd effect, injuries. The other is a team that focuses on nothing but dribbling and showmanship.

Apples and Oranges.

so the next time you are about 'battle rap culture'...remind yourself what that means. Its the fakest part of Hip Hop.
@Krhyme Killz : I agree with you, but I have seen some battles that are very interesting in a hip hop sense of being more artistic and conversational about legitimate societal issues, but there are always punches to bring it back to the hating aspect.

I tend to preach this point quite a bit, but maybe that's because I appreciate music and the artistic sides of hip hop more since I am not the strongest battler... middleweight status at best.
Unread 10-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #8

The Ghost of Freak
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

Voted: 481 audio / 231 text
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krhyme Killz View Post
So i've been seeing more and more...'respect the culture' when it comes to battle rap. The reality is...battle rap has no culture. It is quite literally a bastardized, less creative version of hip hop. How do i know this? Well....read through these battles. Fucking anyone can do it. To compare Battle Rap to actual Hip Hop music is insulting.

Battle rap is one small element of the music. Its like saying that the Harlem Globetrotters could beat the '95 Bulls. One is a complete team, completing against other complete teams in all facets of the game...defense, pressure, crowd effect, injuries. The other is a team that focuses on nothing but dribbling and showmanship.

Apples and Oranges.

so the next time you are about 'battle rap culture'...remind yourself what that means. Its the fakest part of Hip Hop.
@Krhyme Killz : I agree with you, but I have seen some battles that are very interesting in a hip hop sense of being more artistic and conversational about legitimate societal issues, but there are always punches to bring it back to the hating aspect.

I tend to preach this point quite a bit, but maybe that's because I appreciate music and the artistic sides of hip hop more since I am not the strongest battler... middleweight status at best.