Thread: Recycling
View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2020, 08:03 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

I actually agree with @MadVerbs, I think there's a strong argument to make for why recycling shouldn't be against the rules. Although, if you could just sit back on some really fire bars/concepts you've had over the years and pull them out again whenever you needed them, I think it would take away some of the endless creative drive to stay at the top that makes being a champion so difficult and respected. idk, it's a tough one on what the rule should be.

As far as what happens here though I think it's pretty clear. We can't DQ Grizz and Rican for reusing a bar from a battle that has since been deleted, then turn around a few months later and be like "nah it's all good now". The rule is not a new one, and a long-time member like MV should have been aware of it. Thank you for addressing the issue head on and being up front about it, unfortunately a lot of battlers wouldn't do the same.
Unread 03-30-2020, 08:03 AM   #21

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

I actually agree with @MadVerbs, I think there's a strong argument to make for why recycling shouldn't be against the rules. Although, if you could just sit back on some really fire bars/concepts you've had over the years and pull them out again whenever you needed them, I think it would take away some of the endless creative drive to stay at the top that makes being a champion so difficult and respected. idk, it's a tough one on what the rule should be.

As far as what happens here though I think it's pretty clear. We can't DQ Grizz and Rican for reusing a bar from a battle that has since been deleted, then turn around a few months later and be like "nah it's all good now". The rule is not a new one, and a long-time member like MV should have been aware of it. Thank you for addressing the issue head on and being up front about it, unfortunately a lot of battlers wouldn't do the same.