Thread: Voting Power...
View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

@UNKNOWN ARTIST
Bad votes deserve low vp ...
I think everyone would agree with you here.

There loads of people out there who don't deserve their vp being automatically raised every few months. If you see somebody dropping good unbaised explained votes and their vp is low... Raise it... Simple
People's vp being lowered indefinitely is not a good thing. Its not a good thing for a lot of the same reasons infraction bans aren't given indefinitely. A lot of the time when mods lower vp, its based on ONE instance of poor voting. People sometimes improve in voting and their prospect of doing so would likely increase if they actually KNEW their vp was lowered in the first place and why. Bad voting stands out a lot more than good voting does. Because when someone gives a well-explained vote, we feel like that should be the norm. So we end up lowering vp a lot more than we raise it. That's evident in the admin logs.

Why over complicate things
I don't think we need to be sitting working out unnecessary solutions to mild issues
You think having probably 50% of the site's voters at 0vp is a mild issue? Even if it was a mild issue, you think that means we shouldn't take any measures towards solving it?

The focus should be more on bigger issues getting sorted out first like tournament vp and weighted staff vote system
I agree with you that tournament vp and weighted staff vp is another big issue. But the fact is, these two issues aren't contingent. We could resolve issues relating to vp on regular battles without tackling tournamet vp issues and vice versa. I personally don't see why we can't come up with non-coding solutions to both simultaneously. But I don't think the fact that another non-contingent problem exists means we shouldn't do anything about a problem we can very much solve.
Unread 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #9

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

@UNKNOWN ARTIST
Bad votes deserve low vp ...
I think everyone would agree with you here.

There loads of people out there who don't deserve their vp being automatically raised every few months. If you see somebody dropping good unbaised explained votes and their vp is low... Raise it... Simple
People's vp being lowered indefinitely is not a good thing. Its not a good thing for a lot of the same reasons infraction bans aren't given indefinitely. A lot of the time when mods lower vp, its based on ONE instance of poor voting. People sometimes improve in voting and their prospect of doing so would likely increase if they actually KNEW their vp was lowered in the first place and why. Bad voting stands out a lot more than good voting does. Because when someone gives a well-explained vote, we feel like that should be the norm. So we end up lowering vp a lot more than we raise it. That's evident in the admin logs.

Why over complicate things
I don't think we need to be sitting working out unnecessary solutions to mild issues
You think having probably 50% of the site's voters at 0vp is a mild issue? Even if it was a mild issue, you think that means we shouldn't take any measures towards solving it?

The focus should be more on bigger issues getting sorted out first like tournament vp and weighted staff vote system
I agree with you that tournament vp and weighted staff vp is another big issue. But the fact is, these two issues aren't contingent. We could resolve issues relating to vp on regular battles without tackling tournamet vp issues and vice versa. I personally don't see why we can't come up with non-coding solutions to both simultaneously. But I don't think the fact that another non-contingent problem exists means we shouldn't do anything about a problem we can very much solve.