View Single Post
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:03 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askari View Post
To be brutally honest @NOBLE, as much as I see your point about the betting side, nobody gives a fuck about buying emcee items.

I think the betting idea is a good one with solid foundation, but I concede, it's hard to look beyond buddy voting or bias in that scenario without implementing a complex voting paradigm that'd most likely be nightmarish to manage.

How's about upgrading the entire emcee item catalogue? Introduce maybe cars, cribs, general luxury items I suppose that can be purchased with credits.

From there you could award Grand Champ winners a lump sum of credits as a reward, with lesser credit prizes to the runners up to purchase said luxury items. Battling meets gaming, if you will.
I find emcee items still work as a decent incentive for people to win in contests and tournies. The credits can also be used to purchase Exclusive Membership (like someone else suggested) and we can find other things besides emcee items to apply them to, perhaps they can even purchase custom titles if they've accumulated enough credits and if the "too many colours and titles" sentiment allows. But I am pointedly against using them to bet on battles and I don't understand why so many people keep thinking it's a bright idea.
With what I know about how many people in this community still operate, it's not hard at all to see how that would quickly lead to people conspiring to fix battles. And that is something we DON'T need. If we added a rule such as "you can't vote on the same battle that you placed a bet on," that might help...but even still, there'd still be a lot of room for fuckery.
The emcee item catalogue can always be upgraded and we can introduce new items that can ONLY be purchased with the use of credits. I also like your idea of awarding a certain lump sum of credits to GC winners and other tourney winners.
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #27

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askari View Post
To be brutally honest @NOBLE, as much as I see your point about the betting side, nobody gives a fuck about buying emcee items.

I think the betting idea is a good one with solid foundation, but I concede, it's hard to look beyond buddy voting or bias in that scenario without implementing a complex voting paradigm that'd most likely be nightmarish to manage.

How's about upgrading the entire emcee item catalogue? Introduce maybe cars, cribs, general luxury items I suppose that can be purchased with credits.

From there you could award Grand Champ winners a lump sum of credits as a reward, with lesser credit prizes to the runners up to purchase said luxury items. Battling meets gaming, if you will.
I find emcee items still work as a decent incentive for people to win in contests and tournies. The credits can also be used to purchase Exclusive Membership (like someone else suggested) and we can find other things besides emcee items to apply them to, perhaps they can even purchase custom titles if they've accumulated enough credits and if the "too many colours and titles" sentiment allows. But I am pointedly against using them to bet on battles and I don't understand why so many people keep thinking it's a bright idea.
With what I know about how many people in this community still operate, it's not hard at all to see how that would quickly lead to people conspiring to fix battles. And that is something we DON'T need. If we added a rule such as "you can't vote on the same battle that you placed a bet on," that might help...but even still, there'd still be a lot of room for fuckery.
The emcee item catalogue can always be upgraded and we can introduce new items that can ONLY be purchased with the use of credits. I also like your idea of awarding a certain lump sum of credits to GC winners and other tourney winners.