View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2019, 10:25 AM
Punk
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Should General Forums be set back to public?

Currently, they’re private because I believe @NOBLE if I’m not mistaken made them only visible to logged in members. Which doesn’t make any sense because if that’s our most active forum category, why make it invisible to the outside? It just makes the site look really dead. I understand General lounge is where people talk shit the most but why tf would you make it private??? People are just gonna talk shit when needed in the text lounge, announcements, IN ACTUAL BATTLES, etc NONE OF OUR FORUMS SHOULD BE PRIVATE EXCEPT STAFF FORUMS,

What’s next, we’re gonna make viewing Text battles private as well? Because member A said something very mean to Member B? We’re treating this site like Middle school classes making everything private to protect a certain idiot who chooses or lack awareness of sharing his own personal information. That’s why the site has a Cookies/Privacy Policy... For reasons such as that....

but here’s a few benefits of it being open.

1. Tagging topics that’ll show up on google
For example, I posted a thread about Tekashi snitching yesterday. If people make these searches to find an article, discussion, or video about Tekashi snitching, our site will eventually pop up. That would get people to see our forum side as well as our battle side of things since our stats are under our names. Think about it, we get ALL these new accounts that sign up and battle but why aren’t we driving any of this traffic towards our forums?

2. Forums pull people in the most.
If theyre not battling here on Letsbeef, or have outgrown online battling, they can still come here and talk hip hop. Letsbeef is the only site that doesn’t discuss majority Hip Hop or battle rap. We talk about random non hip hop related shit daily and wonder why no ones joining. Well one, no one can see how active our MAIN forum is, and 2, when they do sign up, they realize ain’t nobody talking hip hop.

3. Key benefit
Is that we need to learn how to discuss hip hop shit more often to pull in members instead of blaming like 3 people for “killing the site”. You cannot run a hip hop site if no one on it is talking hip hop.

More details to come but this is just a startup thread.

Privacy Policy

Last edited by Rowdy; 09-20-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Unread 09-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #1

Punk

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Should General Forums be set back to public?

Currently, they’re private because I believe @NOBLE if I’m not mistaken made them only visible to logged in members. Which doesn’t make any sense because if that’s our most active forum category, why make it invisible to the outside? It just makes the site look really dead. I understand General lounge is where people talk shit the most but why tf would you make it private??? People are just gonna talk shit when needed in the text lounge, announcements, IN ACTUAL BATTLES, etc NONE OF OUR FORUMS SHOULD BE PRIVATE EXCEPT STAFF FORUMS,

What’s next, we’re gonna make viewing Text battles private as well? Because member A said something very mean to Member B? We’re treating this site like Middle school classes making everything private to protect a certain idiot who chooses or lack awareness of sharing his own personal information. That’s why the site has a Cookies/Privacy Policy... For reasons such as that....

but here’s a few benefits of it being open.

1. Tagging topics that’ll show up on google
For example, I posted a thread about Tekashi snitching yesterday. If people make these searches to find an article, discussion, or video about Tekashi snitching, our site will eventually pop up. That would get people to see our forum side as well as our battle side of things since our stats are under our names. Think about it, we get ALL these new accounts that sign up and battle but why aren’t we driving any of this traffic towards our forums?

2. Forums pull people in the most.
If theyre not battling here on Letsbeef, or have outgrown online battling, they can still come here and talk hip hop. Letsbeef is the only site that doesn’t discuss majority Hip Hop or battle rap. We talk about random non hip hop related shit daily and wonder why no ones joining. Well one, no one can see how active our MAIN forum is, and 2, when they do sign up, they realize ain’t nobody talking hip hop.

3. Key benefit
Is that we need to learn how to discuss hip hop shit more often to pull in members instead of blaming like 3 people for “killing the site”. You cannot run a hip hop site if no one on it is talking hip hop.

More details to come but this is just a startup thread.

Privacy Policy

Last edited by Rowdy; 09-20-2019 at 10:52 AM.