View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2012, 03:11 PM
JIMMY CONWAY
Basic Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I don't like Nelly, someone just brought it up.

I think you can get a great sold without dope lyrics. Hell check out every rock song in history. Music is 99.9% listenability. That's why "internet rappers" never make it, because they are all lyrics and no production. I mean check Immortal Tech's 3rd World. The lyrics would have been pretty dope...if we didn't have to sit through "A Green Lantern production" even two seconds, making the album suck balls.
I don' know if this is all true. As much as i HATE his music, look at soulja boy. his music was garbage and still is. I think his drive got him where he is today, because it sure wasn't talent
So if an internet rapper with even slightly more skill than soulja boy had that same drive, they could make it too.
Unread 07-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #33

JIMMY CONWAY
Basic Member

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I don't like Nelly, someone just brought it up.

I think you can get a great sold without dope lyrics. Hell check out every rock song in history. Music is 99.9% listenability. That's why "internet rappers" never make it, because they are all lyrics and no production. I mean check Immortal Tech's 3rd World. The lyrics would have been pretty dope...if we didn't have to sit through "A Green Lantern production" even two seconds, making the album suck balls.
I don' know if this is all true. As much as i HATE his music, look at soulja boy. his music was garbage and still is. I think his drive got him where he is today, because it sure wasn't talent
So if an internet rapper with even slightly more skill than soulja boy had that same drive, they could make it too.
Offline   Reply With Quote