View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2020, 07:05 PM
Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 698 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
4 1828
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squammy View Post
64 man including the top 50 would include battlers like @Yue, who got 6 wins and 81 losses. Why is this a 64 man and not a 32 man? Just to reward people who didn't wanna put in the time to qualify? Feel like that invalidates the point of even having a seasonal ranking at all.

The winter tournament had 65 battlers who battled enough to qualify. @Esso was not one of them. So how's he end up in the semi-finals of the tournament? @Esso you do you man, take the plates you're given, but can someone explain how this incentivises anyone to try at all during the main seasonal rankings when they can reach semi-finals through a backdoor?
I was contacted on FB by Rule and asked if I wanted to participate. To my knowledge, I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t in the top 64. It was like 5 other people and I was told they were allowing those as Wild Cards because of multi accounts, people who weren’t active and people who claimed they didn’t want to participate. It’s hard to field 64 active folks as there were plenty of 1st and 2nd round no shows as it was so I can’t blame Rule for doing that. It raised the level of competition, ensured less no shows, and gave people some entertainment in the process. I understand the feeling that it should be the 64 in order and that’s it. It used to be active enough to do that and pull off a great tourney. Hasn’t been that way for a minute though.
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 03-31-2020, 07:05 PM   #13

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
4 1828
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
104 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 700 text
Mentioned: 698 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squammy View Post
64 man including the top 50 would include battlers like @Yue, who got 6 wins and 81 losses. Why is this a 64 man and not a 32 man? Just to reward people who didn't wanna put in the time to qualify? Feel like that invalidates the point of even having a seasonal ranking at all.

The winter tournament had 65 battlers who battled enough to qualify. @Esso was not one of them. So how's he end up in the semi-finals of the tournament? @Esso you do you man, take the plates you're given, but can someone explain how this incentivises anyone to try at all during the main seasonal rankings when they can reach semi-finals through a backdoor?
I was contacted on FB by Rule and asked if I wanted to participate. To my knowledge, I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t in the top 64. It was like 5 other people and I was told they were allowing those as Wild Cards because of multi accounts, people who weren’t active and people who claimed they didn’t want to participate. It’s hard to field 64 active folks as there were plenty of 1st and 2nd round no shows as it was so I can’t blame Rule for doing that. It raised the level of competition, ensured less no shows, and gave people some entertainment in the process. I understand the feeling that it should be the 64 in order and that’s it. It used to be active enough to do that and pull off a great tourney. Hasn’t been that way for a minute though.
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral