View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2017, 11:20 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
This made me think, what are the parameters around how exactly a regular members VP gets lowered anyways? Is it just a manual thing? I know there are some abysmal voters with 0 vp, but I'd like to know how we go about discerning how one is deserving of that?

also side-note to any mod is X still responsive enough for these talks to result in any changes according to the majority opinion? just wondering

It's been pretty much arbitrary, based on individual perception. Someone could've seen one vote of yours that they think is shitty and decide to lower your vp based on that and it pretty much stays that way until you're lucky enough to have another mod who sees you've been voting consistently well who decides to raise it. It's much easier to get your vp lowered than to have it raised.
One of the coding changes I had always pushed for, and which they finally implemented, was for mods to be able to see a user's voting history. That way, at least they have the tool to systematically comb through a user's voting pattern as opposed to making decisions based on only one or a few that they happened to have come across. Someone can drop one shitty vote and not necessarily be an overall bad voter who deserves to have their vp lowered. A decision like that should be based on having looked at multiple battles where the person voted.
Unread 11-30-2017, 11:20 AM   #48

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
This made me think, what are the parameters around how exactly a regular members VP gets lowered anyways? Is it just a manual thing? I know there are some abysmal voters with 0 vp, but I'd like to know how we go about discerning how one is deserving of that?

also side-note to any mod is X still responsive enough for these talks to result in any changes according to the majority opinion? just wondering

It's been pretty much arbitrary, based on individual perception. Someone could've seen one vote of yours that they think is shitty and decide to lower your vp based on that and it pretty much stays that way until you're lucky enough to have another mod who sees you've been voting consistently well who decides to raise it. It's much easier to get your vp lowered than to have it raised.
One of the coding changes I had always pushed for, and which they finally implemented, was for mods to be able to see a user's voting history. That way, at least they have the tool to systematically comb through a user's voting pattern as opposed to making decisions based on only one or a few that they happened to have come across. Someone can drop one shitty vote and not necessarily be an overall bad voter who deserves to have their vp lowered. A decision like that should be based on having looked at multiple battles where the person voted.