Thread: Titles
View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Dirty Work
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
76 Won / 36 Lost

I see where Noble is coming from, but I think taking away people's titles is a bad idea. It won't have the effect you are suggesting, at least not overall. I'm guessing that it will demotivate more individuals than it motivates. The lack of interest in LBT/LBA is something that demonstrates how temporary titles can be less motivating, and beyond that, taking away people's accomplishments is really going to take the wind out of their sails. Now, I do realize that you are not talking about taking the titles away entirely, and that you just want to see them removed from below user names, but that is one of the most important parts of a title. It is immediately visible to anyone who views a profile. Maybe a compromise could be splitting user groups so that the colors could be removed from the names of past title holders, while the title remains under their name on profiles. New groups could be created for current title holders to have the colored names.

As far as the rankings, I think this is an area that could generate wayyyy more activity if it were revamped. I like Bleu's idea of simply resetting it, but that's definitely too drastic because it would be like erasing history. Even though it is pretty much a bullshit record of history lol. What if we were to sort of "retire" the current rankings and preserve them in a thread, and then start fresh with a new era? I don't know what you would use as a headline to describe the new rankings, but something that reflects the fact that they do not include pre 2018 numbers. And don't use the same system. Develop something that better represents the actual ranks instead of just the mass sniper and ducking folks.
Unread 12-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #49

Dirty Work
Estimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 3.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.35/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
76 Won / 36 Lost

Voted: 17 audio / 386 text
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

I see where Noble is coming from, but I think taking away people's titles is a bad idea. It won't have the effect you are suggesting, at least not overall. I'm guessing that it will demotivate more individuals than it motivates. The lack of interest in LBT/LBA is something that demonstrates how temporary titles can be less motivating, and beyond that, taking away people's accomplishments is really going to take the wind out of their sails. Now, I do realize that you are not talking about taking the titles away entirely, and that you just want to see them removed from below user names, but that is one of the most important parts of a title. It is immediately visible to anyone who views a profile. Maybe a compromise could be splitting user groups so that the colors could be removed from the names of past title holders, while the title remains under their name on profiles. New groups could be created for current title holders to have the colored names.

As far as the rankings, I think this is an area that could generate wayyyy more activity if it were revamped. I like Bleu's idea of simply resetting it, but that's definitely too drastic because it would be like erasing history. Even though it is pretty much a bullshit record of history lol. What if we were to sort of "retire" the current rankings and preserve them in a thread, and then start fresh with a new era? I don't know what you would use as a headline to describe the new rankings, but something that reflects the fact that they do not include pre 2018 numbers. And don't use the same system. Develop something that better represents the actual ranks instead of just the mass sniper and ducking folks.