Thread: Titles
View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Bleu
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Reset all time rankings and the way points work off of wins and losses like I've said before. So sniping is discouraged and the rankings are more realistic. Also, make people get a win every one or 2 weeks to keep their streak alive. That will give people a reason to battle. If someone feels like they don't want to battle since they won a GC or whatever then they don't really want to battle in general.

If I no longer have the titles that I earned with the hardwork of my brain / pen game then majority of those battles were really for nothing and I would have 0 motivation to continue battling or do any of those things over again just to have them erased. Collecting titles and racking them up is like rare achievements in a high skill cap video game that very few people can accomplish.. The type of shit you want symbolized under your name wherever you go because you clearly had the skill and put in the time/effort to set yourself apart from the rest when it was for all the marbles. A big reason people didn't make long runs in the LBA/LBT is because the title wasn't permanent. Only reason people have been striving to do that lately is to get the permanent title. That says a lot. If someone's satisfied after winning a title I don't think taking away their title will motivate them again because they already don't love this shit.. If anything it would probably push them away from battling even more
Unread 12-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #43

Bleu

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Reset all time rankings and the way points work off of wins and losses like I've said before. So sniping is discouraged and the rankings are more realistic. Also, make people get a win every one or 2 weeks to keep their streak alive. That will give people a reason to battle. If someone feels like they don't want to battle since they won a GC or whatever then they don't really want to battle in general.

If I no longer have the titles that I earned with the hardwork of my brain / pen game then majority of those battles were really for nothing and I would have 0 motivation to continue battling or do any of those things over again just to have them erased. Collecting titles and racking them up is like rare achievements in a high skill cap video game that very few people can accomplish.. The type of shit you want symbolized under your name wherever you go because you clearly had the skill and put in the time/effort to set yourself apart from the rest when it was for all the marbles. A big reason people didn't make long runs in the LBA/LBT is because the title wasn't permanent. Only reason people have been striving to do that lately is to get the permanent title. That says a lot. If someone's satisfied after winning a title I don't think taking away their title will motivate them again because they already don't love this shit.. If anything it would probably push them away from battling even more