View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2019, 01:34 PM
IAmFlow
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

While I understand the premise and at the moment I do not have an idea of my own. I actually completely disagree with this idea.

For one as already stated, quality of voting will 100% go down. Maybe not the first day or first week, but 100% guaranteed voting quality will get even worse and tbh, from experience in the past, its probably only the same handful of people that actually leave quality votes as it is.

Second this is just a parenting method that almost always backfires and never works anyways. "Son, if you don't do your homework then you can't play with your friends". Many of us here are adults. Taking a privilege away isn't an incentive, it's a punishment. All of us here should feel lucky that any of these battle sites exist so we have a community to express ourselves and have fun with this hobby, which it is for majority of us as well.

Time is also a factor. Some people may not always have the time to give votes on multiple battles either. Some people may only have time to write that battle or two they were obligated to write. Voting isn't always quick for people that actually read the verses and leave feedback either.

One of the issues I find honestly, after being on forums for the last several years is there is just too many garbage battles. Like on forum even if it's a new member, you have call them out, go through the process of setting a battle up. I mean a lot of these open battles I see are bullshit battles. Some people may have limited time and not want to read garbage. There is too many factors and voting issues have always been there since day one. Even way back when in the big eras of LB there was always voting issues there has always been voting issues on every single site that battles.

On a personal note, If I am forced to vote to use other aspects of the site I am out and those that know me from a long time ago can attest that I have always contributed in the voting area, so it isn't even the fact of not wanting to do it. I am 100% positive that this method of forcing people to do it will not work over the mid-long term. Maybe short term you can enough people pulling together to do it, but long term it will make things slowly die off. Plus the comment about the discord will happen regardless, this is a new technology age. People want to be able to talk actively and multiple of the other forums have their own discord because you can literally just chit chat with everyone from anywhere on earth. It's a pain in the ass to use LB on the phone. Just saying.

Another issue is lets say we go way back to some of the legends. Like Jason or UA show up. They are supposed to go vote on a certain number of battles to pop in and say whats up, or see how things are going. There are too many issues with this idea.

As far as the chatbox goes, I also 100% agree with removing it though even with what I said about the discord. From the short amount of time I have been back that chatbox was infested with bullshit.
Unread 12-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #8

IAmFlow
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
7 Won / 7 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.21/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
192 Won / 43 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
10 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 166 audio / 1340 text
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

While I understand the premise and at the moment I do not have an idea of my own. I actually completely disagree with this idea.

For one as already stated, quality of voting will 100% go down. Maybe not the first day or first week, but 100% guaranteed voting quality will get even worse and tbh, from experience in the past, its probably only the same handful of people that actually leave quality votes as it is.

Second this is just a parenting method that almost always backfires and never works anyways. "Son, if you don't do your homework then you can't play with your friends". Many of us here are adults. Taking a privilege away isn't an incentive, it's a punishment. All of us here should feel lucky that any of these battle sites exist so we have a community to express ourselves and have fun with this hobby, which it is for majority of us as well.

Time is also a factor. Some people may not always have the time to give votes on multiple battles either. Some people may only have time to write that battle or two they were obligated to write. Voting isn't always quick for people that actually read the verses and leave feedback either.

One of the issues I find honestly, after being on forums for the last several years is there is just too many garbage battles. Like on forum even if it's a new member, you have call them out, go through the process of setting a battle up. I mean a lot of these open battles I see are bullshit battles. Some people may have limited time and not want to read garbage. There is too many factors and voting issues have always been there since day one. Even way back when in the big eras of LB there was always voting issues there has always been voting issues on every single site that battles.

On a personal note, If I am forced to vote to use other aspects of the site I am out and those that know me from a long time ago can attest that I have always contributed in the voting area, so it isn't even the fact of not wanting to do it. I am 100% positive that this method of forcing people to do it will not work over the mid-long term. Maybe short term you can enough people pulling together to do it, but long term it will make things slowly die off. Plus the comment about the discord will happen regardless, this is a new technology age. People want to be able to talk actively and multiple of the other forums have their own discord because you can literally just chit chat with everyone from anywhere on earth. It's a pain in the ass to use LB on the phone. Just saying.

Another issue is lets say we go way back to some of the legends. Like Jason or UA show up. They are supposed to go vote on a certain number of battles to pop in and say whats up, or see how things are going. There are too many issues with this idea.

As far as the chatbox goes, I also 100% agree with removing it though even with what I said about the discord. From the short amount of time I have been back that chatbox was infested with bullshit.