View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:08 PM
Bleu
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Battling / rapping prowess goes hand in hand with your understanding / knowledge of battling / rapping. The best writers understand writing the most from my experiences whether it be discussion or their voting understandably so. Because they've actually been behind the scenes of putting together all of the layers that can be seen in a good/great verse. There is only so much you can comprehend by not actually experiencing and being able to perform certain actions. Someone who isn't on my level pen wise can't really be on the same plane as me when breaking down the intricacies of a verse. It actually kinda turns into a lesson from me rather than a convo. I also believe not being able to perform certain actions generally doesn't let you understand the effort / skill those things take and may lead some to be dismissive of those aspects.

It's one thing to explain a vote well, it's another thing to be accurate and have insight / knowledge behind your judgement. I could express my opinion very eloquently but that doesn't mean it's still not way off for whatever reason that may be.

Last edited by Bleu; 11-30-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Unread 11-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #52

Bleu

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Battling / rapping prowess goes hand in hand with your understanding / knowledge of battling / rapping. The best writers understand writing the most from my experiences whether it be discussion or their voting understandably so. Because they've actually been behind the scenes of putting together all of the layers that can be seen in a good/great verse. There is only so much you can comprehend by not actually experiencing and being able to perform certain actions. Someone who isn't on my level pen wise can't really be on the same plane as me when breaking down the intricacies of a verse. It actually kinda turns into a lesson from me rather than a convo. I also believe not being able to perform certain actions generally doesn't let you understand the effort / skill those things take and may lead some to be dismissive of those aspects.

It's one thing to explain a vote well, it's another thing to be accurate and have insight / knowledge behind your judgement. I could express my opinion very eloquently but that doesn't mean it's still not way off for whatever reason that may be.

Last edited by Bleu; 11-30-2017 at 12:14 PM.