Thread: 2 Unsaid Facts
View Single Post
Unread 02-29-2020, 02:54 PM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOD GRIEF View Post
Nah dude I think 2013 was a big shift. That the year I left out and it seems like everything changed after that. Did you dominate then or was it more so you and Bleu taking turns? Lol
Bleu wasn’t an active member in 2013. He came back around the time of the first Text GC in 2014, and I wasn’t nearly a top-tier name yet on LB in 2013 even after my run to the GC Final. I had the potential to be a top-tier name of course, but I absolutely struggled to make punchlines that had any real merit to them and was incredibly inconsistent as a writer. The dominant names at the time (Grizz, Dissizit, Black Book, etc.) didn’t write cleaner verses than me, but they were routinely better than me in terms of writing punchlines. I can’t dispute that, and I don’t think anyone who was active at the time would dispute that.

At the time, even after I made the GC Final, I was losing to people I had no business losing to like Snoopy316, Dope Man, etc. because of how badly I struggled to write punchlines worth a damn. I legitimately thought writing a cleaner, more legible verse was how I could win.
Unread 02-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #36

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOD GRIEF View Post
Nah dude I think 2013 was a big shift. That the year I left out and it seems like everything changed after that. Did you dominate then or was it more so you and Bleu taking turns? Lol
Bleu wasn’t an active member in 2013. He came back around the time of the first Text GC in 2014, and I wasn’t nearly a top-tier name yet on LB in 2013 even after my run to the GC Final. I had the potential to be a top-tier name of course, but I absolutely struggled to make punchlines that had any real merit to them and was incredibly inconsistent as a writer. The dominant names at the time (Grizz, Dissizit, Black Book, etc.) didn’t write cleaner verses than me, but they were routinely better than me in terms of writing punchlines. I can’t dispute that, and I don’t think anyone who was active at the time would dispute that.

At the time, even after I made the GC Final, I was losing to people I had no business losing to like Snoopy316, Dope Man, etc. because of how badly I struggled to write punchlines worth a damn. I legitimately thought writing a cleaner, more legible verse was how I could win.