View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2020, 08:40 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
9 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Text Heavyweight Championship Match

Fidel Z Vs Celsius

For the championship battle we have a fascinating bout pitting LB's newest title-winner against the current longest-reigning title-holder. Fidel has had a stellar year, challenging Kiwi for the LBT in April and then taking out the Concept Tournament against Rai last month. Celsius has also performed strongly, making the final of the Scheme Tournament in July. Celsius is the reigning champ but Fidel is surely the hottest contender, making this a fascinating match-up.

Betting summary: Celsius is widely rated one of the greatest textcees of all time on LB, but is known for performing poorly in high-stakes situations (such as losing GC and Scheme finals where he was the clear favourite, or no-showing his penultimate defence before becoming eligible for LBT King). Fidel likewise has a lot of potential, which he has at times struggled to capitalise on. Fidel definitely enters into this with more momentum, although Celsius has experience and a proven resume on his side. Both are unpredictable and this could go either way.

Betting favourite: Celsius

#1 Contenders' Match

Shodan Vs Edgeworth

Our two top contenders for this month are Edgeworth and Shodan, two of the pre-eminent battlers of the past couple years. Edgeworth's resume is impressive, having taken out the Rookie Championship in 2018 followed by the One Bar and Concept tournaments in 2019. Shodan is equally distinguished, winning the One Bar earlier this year, as well as making the finals of the Scheme and Concept tournaments in 2019, and having held the LBT champion's belt for two separate runs. Both have been somewhat inactive over the past couple of months, but hopefully this return to the ring will shake off the rust and see sparks fly.

Betting summary: This is an extremely difficult one to call. The last time I recall the two meeting was way back in the concept tournament final of early 2019, when Edge beat Sho to take the title in a horrorcore-bars battle. That doesn't give a lot to work with; but I'm going to edge this one to Sho, just because he has been more active this year and is less likely to be rusty.

Betting favourite: Shodan

Prospects' Match

The Saaxxx Baba Vs CrownKingTobe

Two rising stars of the text arena step into the ring for a boxing-bars concept battle. Both Saaxxx and CKT have serious potential in their bars, and are looking to make the step up from gatekeepers to contenders. Saaxxx has performed well over the past 12 months, from a match-of-the-card performance against REZN in the THC a year ago to making the Rookie Championship final in April. CKT is a fresh face on LB, but has significant experience elsewhere, making him a formidable puncher for any foe. Both will have their back against the ropes, and I'm sure we will see the gloves come off as each searches for a knockout to help them move up a weight class into being full-blown heavyweights.

Betting summary: My laboured boxing references aside, the choice of a concept battle may have some influence on the outcome of this battle. Saaxxx has done countless concept battles in LB from the most serious topics to complete jokes, whereas in his brief LB career I don't believe CKT has. Combined with Saaxxx's generally greater experience of battling on the site I think this makes Baba a slight favourite, although CKT is really untested at this point and I would not put it past him to pull anything out of the bag here.

Betting favourite: The Saaxxx Baba

Crew Showdown Tag Team Match

Pandemonium Vs Mass Mutilators
Student & Uttirmost Vs Brickrepper & 40killa

With a large stable packed with many of the most active and successful battlers on the site, Pandemonium has quickly risen to be #1 on both the text and audio ranks for last season, and is probably the highest-impact crew around on the site at the moment (yet still way less annoying than DedSec was). Mass Mutilators has also been busy, albeit in a quieter way, taking down their targets in both the tournament and basic arenas. This tag battle sees the two crews go head-to-head for bragging rights, with two of the top battlers from each joining forces for a 16. Although it's not quite Illmania, expect the hype around this one to be intense, with both sides having a strong shot at taking the glory for their crew.

Betting summary: It's extremely difficult to predict a tag match, especially one this even. Student brings experience and creativity while Uttirmost brings consistency and relentlessness, so if the two can work together they can harness their strengths to put something truly powerful out there representing Pandemonium. Brickrepper is known for his extremely powerful haymakers, which 40's prolific output and solid scheme-work should complement nicely if Mass Mutilators can pull together. In the end this will come down to who functions better as a team.

Betting favourite: unknown

Unread 10-01-2020, 08:40 AM   #2

Kiwi Peewee
9 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)

Text Heavyweight Championship Match

Fidel Z Vs Celsius

For the championship battle we have a fascinating bout pitting LB's newest title-winner against the current longest-reigning title-holder. Fidel has had a stellar year, challenging Kiwi for the LBT in April and then taking out the Concept Tournament against Rai last month. Celsius has also performed strongly, making the final of the Scheme Tournament in July. Celsius is the reigning champ but Fidel is surely the hottest contender, making this a fascinating match-up.

Betting summary: Celsius is widely rated one of the greatest textcees of all time on LB, but is known for performing poorly in high-stakes situations (such as losing GC and Scheme finals where he was the clear favourite, or no-showing his penultimate defence before becoming eligible for LBT King). Fidel likewise has a lot of potential, which he has at times struggled to capitalise on. Fidel definitely enters into this with more momentum, although Celsius has experience and a proven resume on his side. Both are unpredictable and this could go either way.

Betting favourite: Celsius

#1 Contenders' Match

Shodan Vs Edgeworth

Our two top contenders for this month are Edgeworth and Shodan, two of the pre-eminent battlers of the past couple years. Edgeworth's resume is impressive, having taken out the Rookie Championship in 2018 followed by the One Bar and Concept tournaments in 2019. Shodan is equally distinguished, winning the One Bar earlier this year, as well as making the finals of the Scheme and Concept tournaments in 2019, and having held the LBT champion's belt for two separate runs. Both have been somewhat inactive over the past couple of months, but hopefully this return to the ring will shake off the rust and see sparks fly.

Betting summary: This is an extremely difficult one to call. The last time I recall the two meeting was way back in the concept tournament final of early 2019, when Edge beat Sho to take the title in a horrorcore-bars battle. That doesn't give a lot to work with; but I'm going to edge this one to Sho, just because he has been more active this year and is less likely to be rusty.

Betting favourite: Shodan

Prospects' Match

The Saaxxx Baba Vs CrownKingTobe

Two rising stars of the text arena step into the ring for a boxing-bars concept battle. Both Saaxxx and CKT have serious potential in their bars, and are looking to make the step up from gatekeepers to contenders. Saaxxx has performed well over the past 12 months, from a match-of-the-card performance against REZN in the THC a year ago to making the Rookie Championship final in April. CKT is a fresh face on LB, but has significant experience elsewhere, making him a formidable puncher for any foe. Both will have their back against the ropes, and I'm sure we will see the gloves come off as each searches for a knockout to help them move up a weight class into being full-blown heavyweights.

Betting summary: My laboured boxing references aside, the choice of a concept battle may have some influence on the outcome of this battle. Saaxxx has done countless concept battles in LB from the most serious topics to complete jokes, whereas in his brief LB career I don't believe CKT has. Combined with Saaxxx's generally greater experience of battling on the site I think this makes Baba a slight favourite, although CKT is really untested at this point and I would not put it past him to pull anything out of the bag here.

Betting favourite: The Saaxxx Baba

Crew Showdown Tag Team Match

Pandemonium Vs Mass Mutilators
Student & Uttirmost Vs Brickrepper & 40killa

With a large stable packed with many of the most active and successful battlers on the site, Pandemonium has quickly risen to be #1 on both the text and audio ranks for last season, and is probably the highest-impact crew around on the site at the moment (yet still way less annoying than DedSec was). Mass Mutilators has also been busy, albeit in a quieter way, taking down their targets in both the tournament and basic arenas. This tag battle sees the two crews go head-to-head for bragging rights, with two of the top battlers from each joining forces for a 16. Although it's not quite Illmania, expect the hype around this one to be intense, with both sides having a strong shot at taking the glory for their crew.

Betting summary: It's extremely difficult to predict a tag match, especially one this even. Student brings experience and creativity while Uttirmost brings consistency and relentlessness, so if the two can work together they can harness their strengths to put something truly powerful out there representing Pandemonium. Brickrepper is known for his extremely powerful haymakers, which 40's prolific output and solid scheme-work should complement nicely if Mass Mutilators can pull together. In the end this will come down to who functions better as a team.

Betting favourite: unknown