Unread 11-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Punk
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIAM View Post
Now do you absolutely need expensive equipment
to make music? Obviously No

However think about it- would labels spend hundreds of thousands of $ on professional studio time if it didn’t matter?

So with that said,
Depends on what you’re doing.

Example:

1. getting radio/commercial airplay -then yes

2. Fuck the radio- then no

Example 2: is the AT2020 any good?

1. recording vocals? -depends on the vocal

2. Will you be screaming into it? then fk no

3. Will you be tracking silky drake (lmao) tones? Then tbh i would go with a darker toned mic.

4. Will you be tracking room ambience? Or at distances greater than 3feet from mic?
Then Fk no
To be fair, you honestly don’t need expensive to get radio air play. As I said if you can put together a dope ass mix, and a solid master, you really don’t need a studio budget higher than $500.

If you have a simple non expensive mic recording, send it to me. I’ll clear it up and show you what I mean.
Unread 11-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #7

Punk

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIAM View Post
Now do you absolutely need expensive equipment
to make music? Obviously No

However think about it- would labels spend hundreds of thousands of $ on professional studio time if it didn’t matter?

So with that said,
Depends on what you’re doing.

Example:

1. getting radio/commercial airplay -then yes

2. Fuck the radio- then no

Example 2: is the AT2020 any good?

1. recording vocals? -depends on the vocal

2. Will you be screaming into it? then fk no

3. Will you be tracking silky drake (lmao) tones? Then tbh i would go with a darker toned mic.

4. Will you be tracking room ambience? Or at distances greater than 3feet from mic?
Then Fk no
To be fair, you honestly don’t need expensive to get radio air play. As I said if you can put together a dope ass mix, and a solid master, you really don’t need a studio budget higher than $500.

If you have a simple non expensive mic recording, send it to me. I’ll clear it up and show you what I mean.