View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunctional View Post
Imma throw my two cents in I guess... might as well to try to explain Noble's stance a bit more. Here's a decent example i think so if a rapper steals another rappers lines we call that a bite obviously. But by your logic if a rapper samples parts of a song of a different genre than thats a bite too? For example (just cuz its the first one to pop in my head) Eminem Berzerk has parts sampled from Bille Squier - The Stroke.. No one bats an eye though. Also I use rhymezone and shit religiously some days lol. I find this is a very similar thing to Rhymezone. It's still a wack move to find wordplay and not come up with it via inspiration but i don't see this as anymore than just give him an autoloss and move on
(stopped reading replies here at one point but this needs to be said)

Nah, that's ridiculous. Sampling is a clear distinction. The difference is that sampling isn't implying ownership, its implying homage and almost always referencing piece of culture one holds deep reverence for. No one hears otis reddings voice in the beginning of a kanye track and thinks "kanye made that" but everyone who reads bitten oronyms in a nicholas verse will think "nicholas made that." how can you act like those are the same things?

you also cant act like multiple examples of parallel wordplay this specific is simply "played" or "coincidence" and retain any intellectual honesty. I'm also still completely confounded on nobles position that biting can only be limited to hiphop and if I plagiarize anything out of hiphop its not biting. That appears to me as nothing but semantics over terminology despite a shared definition. lastly you think biting from lists of literary devices is the same as rhymezone, so its okay? jesus christ. might be time to dip from this drooling pile of cheating retards

Once again letsbeef has turned a thread detailing clear cut examples of plagiarism into a fucking circus of epistemological gymnastics. For a group of writers you cock magicians sure have issues sticking to a topic.

Last edited by Babylon; 12-04-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 12-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #115

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunctional View Post
Imma throw my two cents in I guess... might as well to try to explain Noble's stance a bit more. Here's a decent example i think so if a rapper steals another rappers lines we call that a bite obviously. But by your logic if a rapper samples parts of a song of a different genre than thats a bite too? For example (just cuz its the first one to pop in my head) Eminem Berzerk has parts sampled from Bille Squier - The Stroke.. No one bats an eye though. Also I use rhymezone and shit religiously some days lol. I find this is a very similar thing to Rhymezone. It's still a wack move to find wordplay and not come up with it via inspiration but i don't see this as anymore than just give him an autoloss and move on
(stopped reading replies here at one point but this needs to be said)

Nah, that's ridiculous. Sampling is a clear distinction. The difference is that sampling isn't implying ownership, its implying homage and almost always referencing piece of culture one holds deep reverence for. No one hears otis reddings voice in the beginning of a kanye track and thinks "kanye made that" but everyone who reads bitten oronyms in a nicholas verse will think "nicholas made that." how can you act like those are the same things?

you also cant act like multiple examples of parallel wordplay this specific is simply "played" or "coincidence" and retain any intellectual honesty. I'm also still completely confounded on nobles position that biting can only be limited to hiphop and if I plagiarize anything out of hiphop its not biting. That appears to me as nothing but semantics over terminology despite a shared definition. lastly you think biting from lists of literary devices is the same as rhymezone, so its okay? jesus christ. might be time to dip from this drooling pile of cheating retards

Once again letsbeef has turned a thread detailing clear cut examples of plagiarism into a fucking circus of epistemological gymnastics. For a group of writers you cock magicians sure have issues sticking to a topic.

Last edited by Babylon; 12-04-2017 at 08:19 PM.