View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2020, 11:14 AM
korvus
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

there was this forum game "overrated/underated" that i liked, however i'd like to bring it back in this thread with a few changes.

so it'll be "grade me" and whoever is posting can leave a "report card" of any battler of their choosing. i'm not gonna instruct people on how they conduct they own ratings but, i'd recommend considering their strength as a writer over their popularity or site impact.

i'll start with somebodies bars i know pretty well @Rieper

so with lock, i've always felt like what he did best is execute punches with almost no margin of error, and that's just basically in the structure. his punch strength varies but it's rare to every see a bar that's bad coming from lock. his concepts are usually pretty average, but he's the textbook example of how perfecting your craft can pay off.

i've seen him do many different styles of battles and bars, but where i feel like he shines best is in concept and topical battles. he's actually a pretty talented writer and i wouldn't be shocked to find out he wrote novels or something like that on the side.

he also doesn't get enough respect as an audio battler. he has a near perfect cadence, and manages to put some swagger and impressive bursts of energy into his bars when he spits. i'd check his battle with detri mental in the audio gc for an example of how impressive he can be.

overall? i'd give him an A-

i don't think he's the best battle rapper out there, but i sure as fuck think he's the most consistent (which some could argue makes him the best) i also personally prefer other styles i've seen, so maybe he deserves an A+ but this is my personal grade.
Unread 04-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #32

korvus

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

there was this forum game "overrated/underated" that i liked, however i'd like to bring it back in this thread with a few changes.

so it'll be "grade me" and whoever is posting can leave a "report card" of any battler of their choosing. i'm not gonna instruct people on how they conduct they own ratings but, i'd recommend considering their strength as a writer over their popularity or site impact.

i'll start with somebodies bars i know pretty well @Rieper

so with lock, i've always felt like what he did best is execute punches with almost no margin of error, and that's just basically in the structure. his punch strength varies but it's rare to every see a bar that's bad coming from lock. his concepts are usually pretty average, but he's the textbook example of how perfecting your craft can pay off.

i've seen him do many different styles of battles and bars, but where i feel like he shines best is in concept and topical battles. he's actually a pretty talented writer and i wouldn't be shocked to find out he wrote novels or something like that on the side.

he also doesn't get enough respect as an audio battler. he has a near perfect cadence, and manages to put some swagger and impressive bursts of energy into his bars when he spits. i'd check his battle with detri mental in the audio gc for an example of how impressive he can be.

overall? i'd give him an A-

i don't think he's the best battle rapper out there, but i sure as fuck think he's the most consistent (which some could argue makes him the best) i also personally prefer other styles i've seen, so maybe he deserves an A+ but this is my personal grade.