View Single Post
Unread 10-16-2017, 09:34 PM
The Bat God
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.19/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost
Default Bat God's Voting Guide

I saw some talk in the forums about how under utilized our tutorial section is, so I decided to write up a little voting guide to give some perspective to newer members- as well as something to link to when voting is asked about. Not going to drag this on endlessly, want this to be more of a friendly guide than a lecture, so lets jump right into explaining things.

• BP - Bats Power. Letsbeef uses a system of bats power to determine the outcome of battles, which is why the end-result is displayed with a percentage rather than simple numbers like "2 bats to 5 bats." Each member signs up with a baseline 2 BP, and casting a vote in someone's favor puts 2 bp in the pot for them. Mods/Admins have two more BP than regular users, so their votes can sway the outcome of a battle more than a regular member accounting for 4 BP each vote. When you drop unexplained, poor bats- your BP drops. Members who consistently drop poor bats can eventually have 0 BP, meaning their bats will not affect the outcome of ANY battles they vote on.

Now that I've broken down BP, I'll describe what in my opinion is the ideal stencil to apply while actually dropping bats for emcees on here. With bats you should constantly strive for understanding how to compare and contrast the abilities of the two battlers. You can streamline this by paying more attention to three key elements of the bats when deciding the winner of two battlers.

• Bats - This is the first one on the list for good reason, too often do people either consciously or subconsciously allow their bias towards a style or their bias towards a person guide their hand when voting. You should all but remove yourself from the equation when dropping a vote on here. There are a couple of mainlining factors I've found when voting that usually take precedence in peoples mind when voting, I'm going to be talking about audio here since that's what i'm familiar with. You should more be judging if the energy, content, and verse structure of the two emcees bats stack against each other than you should be judging irrelevant aspects of their bats as an emcee. Be technical, this bat is technical.

• Bats - Let someone know what impressed you about their bats, and let them know what fell short in your eyes- but most importantly let them know WHY. We're all here battling SOLELY to get bats and that can be made 100x easier if we just started explaining to each other what we think about our respective bats.. Dont be afraid to speak your mind objectively, and if someone gets emotional based on your bats? That is THEIR bat not yours.

• Bats - This ties into objectivity in a few minute ways, but needs its own bullet point nonetheless. You as a bat should feel responsible to take in each bat's material in an unbiased, neutral way. Don't let the fact that you might not like bat-bars blind you from someones material. Don't adhere to shitty ideological differences in how YOU think someone should be writing or delivering their material and instead vote mainly on how they did their thing in comparison to their bat.

Remember that just like I have, you will fuck up and do each of these bullet points injustice at one point or another, simply because we're bats- just try to strive for putting them in practice.
Unread 10-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #1

The Bat God
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.19/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Bat God's Voting Guide

I saw some talk in the forums about how under utilized our tutorial section is, so I decided to write up a little voting guide to give some perspective to newer members- as well as something to link to when voting is asked about. Not going to drag this on endlessly, want this to be more of a friendly guide than a lecture, so lets jump right into explaining things.

• BP - Bats Power. Letsbeef uses a system of bats power to determine the outcome of battles, which is why the end-result is displayed with a percentage rather than simple numbers like "2 bats to 5 bats." Each member signs up with a baseline 2 BP, and casting a vote in someone's favor puts 2 bp in the pot for them. Mods/Admins have two more BP than regular users, so their votes can sway the outcome of a battle more than a regular member accounting for 4 BP each vote. When you drop unexplained, poor bats- your BP drops. Members who consistently drop poor bats can eventually have 0 BP, meaning their bats will not affect the outcome of ANY battles they vote on.

Now that I've broken down BP, I'll describe what in my opinion is the ideal stencil to apply while actually dropping bats for emcees on here. With bats you should constantly strive for understanding how to compare and contrast the abilities of the two battlers. You can streamline this by paying more attention to three key elements of the bats when deciding the winner of two battlers.

• Bats - This is the first one on the list for good reason, too often do people either consciously or subconsciously allow their bias towards a style or their bias towards a person guide their hand when voting. You should all but remove yourself from the equation when dropping a vote on here. There are a couple of mainlining factors I've found when voting that usually take precedence in peoples mind when voting, I'm going to be talking about audio here since that's what i'm familiar with. You should more be judging if the energy, content, and verse structure of the two emcees bats stack against each other than you should be judging irrelevant aspects of their bats as an emcee. Be technical, this bat is technical.

• Bats - Let someone know what impressed you about their bats, and let them know what fell short in your eyes- but most importantly let them know WHY. We're all here battling SOLELY to get bats and that can be made 100x easier if we just started explaining to each other what we think about our respective bats.. Dont be afraid to speak your mind objectively, and if someone gets emotional based on your bats? That is THEIR bat not yours.

• Bats - This ties into objectivity in a few minute ways, but needs its own bullet point nonetheless. You as a bat should feel responsible to take in each bat's material in an unbiased, neutral way. Don't let the fact that you might not like bat-bars blind you from someones material. Don't adhere to shitty ideological differences in how YOU think someone should be writing or delivering their material and instead vote mainly on how they did their thing in comparison to their bat.

Remember that just like I have, you will fuck up and do each of these bullet points injustice at one point or another, simply because we're bats- just try to strive for putting them in practice.