Thread: I'm sorry.
View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Nicholas
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
We'll see @Nicholas but still. After the Chloro project (which was good while it lasted) and Dojo not showing much of any improvement, the secondary crew thing needs to stop. People should just make their own crews and have the D.I.Y mentality. It would definitely help out with voting and crew activity. I know I may be sounding hypocritical here, considering I'm a member of an already established crew and I get that, but I am not in the position to lead a crew yet. I still have a lot to learn, whereas others can and should lead their own crews and do it their own way.
I'm going to sound like a bit of a douche here but here's an observation from a lot of years on Letsbeef. Being a vet doesn't mean you can run a great crew, it means you get a headstart on attracting members in the beginning but that's all. So long as you have a decent amount of respect you can run a great crew; look at Me, Eth, X-Calibur that's AC's, Bakers and Apoc and I'm just naming recent crews. I wouldn't call any of us vets, we're experienced on the site and we have a decent level of respect but we're not HOFers. Over the years I know Eth has started or ran some brilliant crews, I've ran a lot of Top 5 crews but nothing legendary (until now, Bakers are coming though ) . Actually, come to think of it look at HVK he started Classick, I know Rule kind of took the baton but he started it and ran it for some time.

Some people make great leaders, others can't run a crew to save their lives and that's fine. People are different, just because someone sucks at running a crew doesn't mean they can't be a great member or sick battler.

This whole elevation crew stuff is new anyway, back in the day you got in a decent crew if you were a great battler. If you weren't, you didn't. I think this is a product of there simply not being enough great battlers out there atm, so we have to help build them up. That and a lot of the truly good battlers that are around are tied up in Murda..... fuck those dudes.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M U G G Z View Post

great idea.. up the rewards for voting..

OR lower the amount of credits u get when u vote to generate more votes, right?
Credits work to a degree but they're flawed. If someone has a period of voting a lot then they can sit back and not have to vote for months, or even forever (like myself, I could never vote again). I think credits should be temporary, perhaps they should only last a month and then they reset back to 0. ( @Pugz what do you think?)
Unread 01-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #21

Nicholas

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
We'll see @Nicholas but still. After the Chloro project (which was good while it lasted) and Dojo not showing much of any improvement, the secondary crew thing needs to stop. People should just make their own crews and have the D.I.Y mentality. It would definitely help out with voting and crew activity. I know I may be sounding hypocritical here, considering I'm a member of an already established crew and I get that, but I am not in the position to lead a crew yet. I still have a lot to learn, whereas others can and should lead their own crews and do it their own way.
I'm going to sound like a bit of a douche here but here's an observation from a lot of years on Letsbeef. Being a vet doesn't mean you can run a great crew, it means you get a headstart on attracting members in the beginning but that's all. So long as you have a decent amount of respect you can run a great crew; look at Me, Eth, X-Calibur that's AC's, Bakers and Apoc and I'm just naming recent crews. I wouldn't call any of us vets, we're experienced on the site and we have a decent level of respect but we're not HOFers. Over the years I know Eth has started or ran some brilliant crews, I've ran a lot of Top 5 crews but nothing legendary (until now, Bakers are coming though ) . Actually, come to think of it look at HVK he started Classick, I know Rule kind of took the baton but he started it and ran it for some time.

Some people make great leaders, others can't run a crew to save their lives and that's fine. People are different, just because someone sucks at running a crew doesn't mean they can't be a great member or sick battler.

This whole elevation crew stuff is new anyway, back in the day you got in a decent crew if you were a great battler. If you weren't, you didn't. I think this is a product of there simply not being enough great battlers out there atm, so we have to help build them up. That and a lot of the truly good battlers that are around are tied up in Murda..... fuck those dudes.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M U G G Z View Post

great idea.. up the rewards for voting..

OR lower the amount of credits u get when u vote to generate more votes, right?
Credits work to a degree but they're flawed. If someone has a period of voting a lot then they can sit back and not have to vote for months, or even forever (like myself, I could never vote again). I think credits should be temporary, perhaps they should only last a month and then they reset back to 0. ( @Pugz what do you think?)