View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Sean Cron
Basic Member
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
15 Won / 18 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
263 Won / 123 Lost
Default vote

Master: I really liked all the visual imagery in your verse, the scene was described very well. the narrative worked and tied into the concept. but I feel it could have been stronger as far as matching up with the topic of "follow your heart", I understand how your verse ties into this theme, although if i understand it right, the character didn't really follow their heart, but mostly ignored it. Your flow and vocabulary were good, the rhymes weren't super complex, but they flowed together nicely and had good imagery.

Punk: I feel like yours did a bit better job of matching the topic. the story had a main character who wanted to travel to a girl that he cared about, very directly following his heart. I really appreciate having a good twist at the end of a story, and I feel you did that well here. The imagery was good, possibly not quite as descriptive as your competitor, but the references to places and feelings worked out very well. your vocabulary was good, and the rhymes flowed together smoothly.

Overall: this battle was very close, both people had there strong points, I feel that one edged it a little bit by having a story that was a little more interesting and relevant to the topic. peace

Winner: Punk
Unread 11-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #8

Sean Cron
Basic Member
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.82/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
15 Won / 18 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
263 Won / 123 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 2172 text
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default vote

Master: I really liked all the visual imagery in your verse, the scene was described very well. the narrative worked and tied into the concept. but I feel it could have been stronger as far as matching up with the topic of "follow your heart", I understand how your verse ties into this theme, although if i understand it right, the character didn't really follow their heart, but mostly ignored it. Your flow and vocabulary were good, the rhymes weren't super complex, but they flowed together nicely and had good imagery.

Punk: I feel like yours did a bit better job of matching the topic. the story had a main character who wanted to travel to a girl that he cared about, very directly following his heart. I really appreciate having a good twist at the end of a story, and I feel you did that well here. The imagery was good, possibly not quite as descriptive as your competitor, but the references to places and feelings worked out very well. your vocabulary was good, and the rhymes flowed together smoothly.

Overall: this battle was very close, both people had there strong points, I feel that one edged it a little bit by having a story that was a little more interesting and relevant to the topic. peace

Winner: Punk