View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Writer 2, this would have been AWESOME, had Agonize not done the exact same "Protagonist is a dog" concept earlier in the competition . None the less, I loved the imagery, I loved the rhyming and how you were able to bring what I thought was the 'original phrase', and then in the next line you rhymed it with something equally as relevant. You were flawless in that aspect. Two downsides to me, was whatever was going on with that reference to scrabble. That came completely out of nowhere for me and was not connected in any way. I completely forgot the twist for a second there, and the following was what I was going to write: The other was that the dying person was referenced as your partner. I got that clear image and my head and the thought process was already accepted, but then you switched it around and it became a lifelong friend...I LOVE when stuff like that happens. I pick out a flaw, only to find out that my question gets completely answered and the cracks get paved over. I really enjoys this piece man, and it will be hard to beat.

Writer 3, I don't know what it is, but something about the story just wasn't convincing for me. The protagonist is in his house, sees a riot progress outside, fears for his life...so joins and begins slaughtering innocent people? There would be some MAJOR issues with him then and we didn't even really touch on his mental mind state. I'm also not really a fan of protagonists dying at the end. It's second behind "And then I woke up" for me. The rhyming was good throughout with no real issues. I flowed completely well throughout, and you had some small good examples of imagery.

Overall, this is an easy decision to me. One was just another level and took every category.

Writer 2 GMV

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Writer 2 WINS 3-0
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #5

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Writer 2, this would have been AWESOME, had Agonize not done the exact same "Protagonist is a dog" concept earlier in the competition . None the less, I loved the imagery, I loved the rhyming and how you were able to bring what I thought was the 'original phrase', and then in the next line you rhymed it with something equally as relevant. You were flawless in that aspect. Two downsides to me, was whatever was going on with that reference to scrabble. That came completely out of nowhere for me and was not connected in any way. I completely forgot the twist for a second there, and the following was what I was going to write: The other was that the dying person was referenced as your partner. I got that clear image and my head and the thought process was already accepted, but then you switched it around and it became a lifelong friend...I LOVE when stuff like that happens. I pick out a flaw, only to find out that my question gets completely answered and the cracks get paved over. I really enjoys this piece man, and it will be hard to beat.

Writer 3, I don't know what it is, but something about the story just wasn't convincing for me. The protagonist is in his house, sees a riot progress outside, fears for his life...so joins and begins slaughtering innocent people? There would be some MAJOR issues with him then and we didn't even really touch on his mental mind state. I'm also not really a fan of protagonists dying at the end. It's second behind "And then I woke up" for me. The rhyming was good throughout with no real issues. I flowed completely well throughout, and you had some small good examples of imagery.

Overall, this is an easy decision to me. One was just another level and took every category.

Writer 2 GMV

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Writer 2 WINS 3-0