View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Black Book
Mentioned: 963 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Black Book
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.8/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
145 Won / 55 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 3 Lost
Default 2013 Poetic Justice Tournament Sign-Ups

This is the first ever LetsBeef Poetic Justice Tournament.

What is the Poetic Justice Tournament?
Each round there will be a different form of poetry picked. Each contestant must do that type of poetry. Example: Everyone must do an allegory for the first round. Everyone must do a Haiku for the second round. There will also be a set topic for each battle that the contestants must do their poem on. I will assign all topics, except for my own battles to avoid any unfair advantage.

Where will these battles take place?
Each battle will be in the cypher section. One member will send a private cypher to their opponent. The other opponent will post their verse in that private cypher that was sent to them. They will be in the cypher section for voting reasons.

What are these voting reasons?
Since not many people here will no much about poetry, there will be an assigned panel to do the voting. It will be a 5 man panel responsible for voting on all battles. This panel will not be allowed to participate in the tournament for fairness reasons. This way people who don't know about poetry or whatever can't effect voting. The voting panel will vote fairly and since it's in the cypher section, we won't have to worry about the panel being in the same crew as a participant and not being able to vote. The person with the majority, 3 out of 5, votes wins and advances to the next round. Also, if one participant goes up 3 to 0 in the votes, they get the KO win. And if one judge is missing for some reason or is inactive, I will vote for them. Unless it is my own battle.

What if I don't know much about poetry forms?
Each round I will explain what each form of poetry is, and drop an example. The rules and regulations will be clearly explained to all participants and the voting panel.

Are there any prizes?
There will be NO user title. Unless a mod decides to allow one for some reason. Lol. But I will try to get 3 emcee items for first place. And one for second place. Something along those lines. Maybe a GFX Head will be willing to make a sig or something?

This will be at least a 16 man tournament. 32 if there are enough interested. The tournament will most likely fall in January. Maybe February. Also, there is a sign-up for people who are willing to and active enough to be a member for a panel. Anyone can join as a participant but not everyone can be a judge. We need people who actually know about poetry for the panel. It is at a first come, first served basis too.

Participants Sign-Ups
1. @The Black Book
2. @Anarchist
3. @Enfinite
4. @JamJar
5. @Ghambit
6. @Unyqe
7. @SluggoVonPunch
8. @Mind Fuck
9. @Jimmy Dean™
10. @Inked Katana
11. @Streetz Da Hood
12. @Adubs KiloG
13. @Dirty Work
14. @InZane123
15. @THUGGED ON HIM
16. @_Blü_
17. @UhMAZING
18. @John Dos
19. @Kritic
20. @Master-Mind
21. @IllScripts
22. @Zavon
23. @J-Swigz
24. @MadVerbs
25. @Ace Amor
26. @Decimal
27. @EDS
28. @KasperX
29. @ViTRiOL
30. @CantFayzMe
31. @Prospect-JS
32. @Too Artistic
Judge Panel Sign-Ups
1. @Askari
2. @Erupt
3. @Dissizit
4. @GRizzEAT
5. @AfterThought

Last edited by Black Book; 12-23-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Unread 12-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #1

Black Book
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.8/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.8/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
145 Won / 55 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 529 text
Mentioned: 963 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)

Send a message via MSN to Black Book
Default 2013 Poetic Justice Tournament Sign-Ups

This is the first ever LetsBeef Poetic Justice Tournament.

What is the Poetic Justice Tournament?
Each round there will be a different form of poetry picked. Each contestant must do that type of poetry. Example: Everyone must do an allegory for the first round. Everyone must do a Haiku for the second round. There will also be a set topic for each battle that the contestants must do their poem on. I will assign all topics, except for my own battles to avoid any unfair advantage.

Where will these battles take place?
Each battle will be in the cypher section. One member will send a private cypher to their opponent. The other opponent will post their verse in that private cypher that was sent to them. They will be in the cypher section for voting reasons.

What are these voting reasons?
Since not many people here will no much about poetry, there will be an assigned panel to do the voting. It will be a 5 man panel responsible for voting on all battles. This panel will not be allowed to participate in the tournament for fairness reasons. This way people who don't know about poetry or whatever can't effect voting. The voting panel will vote fairly and since it's in the cypher section, we won't have to worry about the panel being in the same crew as a participant and not being able to vote. The person with the majority, 3 out of 5, votes wins and advances to the next round. Also, if one participant goes up 3 to 0 in the votes, they get the KO win. And if one judge is missing for some reason or is inactive, I will vote for them. Unless it is my own battle.

What if I don't know much about poetry forms?
Each round I will explain what each form of poetry is, and drop an example. The rules and regulations will be clearly explained to all participants and the voting panel.

Are there any prizes?
There will be NO user title. Unless a mod decides to allow one for some reason. Lol. But I will try to get 3 emcee items for first place. And one for second place. Something along those lines. Maybe a GFX Head will be willing to make a sig or something?

This will be at least a 16 man tournament. 32 if there are enough interested. The tournament will most likely fall in January. Maybe February. Also, there is a sign-up for people who are willing to and active enough to be a member for a panel. Anyone can join as a participant but not everyone can be a judge. We need people who actually know about poetry for the panel. It is at a first come, first served basis too.

Participants Sign-Ups
1. @The Black Book
2. @Anarchist
3. @Enfinite
4. @JamJar
5. @Ghambit
6. @Unyqe
7. @SluggoVonPunch
8. @Mind Fuck
9. @Jimmy Dean™
10. @Inked Katana
11. @Streetz Da Hood
12. @Adubs KiloG
13. @Dirty Work
14. @InZane123
15. @THUGGED ON HIM
16. @_Blü_
17. @UhMAZING
18. @John Dos
19. @Kritic
20. @Master-Mind
21. @IllScripts
22. @Zavon
23. @J-Swigz
24. @MadVerbs
25. @Ace Amor
26. @Decimal
27. @EDS
28. @KasperX
29. @ViTRiOL
30. @CantFayzMe
31. @Prospect-JS
32. @Too Artistic
Judge Panel Sign-Ups
1. @Askari
2. @Erupt
3. @Dissizit
4. @GRizzEAT
5. @AfterThought

Last edited by Black Book; 12-23-2012 at 01:39 PM.