View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3622 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Default Off-Ramping and Re-structuring V.A.T's and FVC Contests

I'm scaling back my workload in the FVC so I can have more time to complete some other projects on the site. In the process, I have deleted my FVC Text thread but my FVC Audio thread is still active for now.
Also, in part as a result of some talks with @Student and @ILLoKWENT™, I have decided to re-structure the way FVC members are chosen from here on out and also the way V.A.T. tourneys will be run. There are also a couple more issues I would like us to resolve together.
The FVC Contests are meant not only to determine who drops better votes, but they are also meant to prepare the candidates for an FVC post in a way by conditioning them to having their votes scrutinized.
1)Student mentioned, and I agree, that the way we've been running it (3 battles over the course of 1 week) doesn't accurately prepare them for the workload they'll be facing as FVC members.

2)Another issue that ILLoKWENT brought up is that some of us get way more requests than others, so when it comes to earning the FVC King award, those of us who don't get as many requests are at a slight disadvantage even if we vote at a high rate.

3)One last issue is the V.A.T. I haven't had one in a while because I've been trying to figure out a more practical approach to voter rehabilitation. Some mods didn't want to see people's vp raised based on just one or a handful of "good" votes, especially when it is in the context of a competition.

Here's the solution I've came up with for all 3 issues:
THE UNIVERSAL FVC THREADS (UNIVERSAL FVC TEXT THREAD & UNIVERSAL FVC AUDIO THREAD)

To address issue 1), from now on, people vying for an FVC position will be asked to vote on 10-15 battles from the UNIVERSAL FVC THREAD over the course of one week.
They will not know who they're facing as before, and their battles won't be assigned until AFTER they've already voted on their battles. After the deadline for them to vote on 10-15 battles has passed, I will then use an online randomizer to organize their votes into 3-round brackets and will select 3 battles from each candidate that overlaps where other candidates have also placed votes. We will then judge and select them through comparing and contrasting their votes as before. This will show who's ready to drop accurate votes at a high volume and it will also reduce people feeding off their opponent's votes as they won't know who they're facing beforehand.

To address issue 2), from now on, if you are falling behind in your FVC votes or aren't getting enough requests, you may vote on any battle placed in the UNIVERSAL FVC THREAD and drop the link to the post in your own thread and I will count it toward your stats.
DO NOT LINK THE ACTUAL BATTLES. Instead, link the post from the UNIVERSAL FVC THREAD that you are responding to. Here's how to link posts in case you don't know how:
Every post has a number in the upper-right corner...

If you wanted to link post #1 for example, right-click the number, then choose "copy link location"...

Paste this link in your thread if you vote on it. Alternatively, you can simply make a post in your thread saying you voted on #1, but I would prefer the linked post.

To address issue 3), I will ask those who request their vp raised to vote on 20 battles from the UNIVERSAL FVC THREAD over a month's period. If you guys want to help, you can critique some of their votes and send the critique to the candidate as well as myself by private message. For every 5 votes you commit to critiquing, I will grant you 1 day "FVC holiday" where I will close your voting thread temporarily so that you may do the critiquing instead (unless you choose to leave your voting thread open). This will give you guys a break from your voting thread and a chance to do something different if you decide to help. Just let me know ahead of time if you're interested. At the end of the month, I will ultimately decide who gets their vp raised and who doesn't.

Let me know what you guys think.

@Murderous Swag @Just C @Savage Capone @The Generalization @Enfinite @Phenomonon @Path @Jimmy Dean™ @ILLoKWENT™ @Fiji Osa @Student

Last edited by NOBLE; 11-11-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #104

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3622 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Default Off-Ramping and Re-structuring V.A.T's and FVC Contests

I'm scaling back my workload in the FVC so I can have more time to complete some other projects on the site. In the process, I have deleted my FVC Text thread but my FVC Audio thread is still active for now.
Also, in part as a result of some talks with @Student and @ILLoKWENT™, I have decided to re-structure the way FVC members are chosen from here on out and also the way V.A.T. tourneys will be run. There are also a couple more issues I would like us to resolve together.
The FVC Contests are meant not only to determine who drops better votes, but they are also meant to prepare the candidates for an FVC post in a way by conditioning them to having their votes scrutinized.
1)Student mentioned, and I agree, that the way we've been running it (3 battles over the course of 1 week) doesn't accurately prepare them for the workload they'll be facing as FVC members.

2)Another issue that ILLoKWENT brought up is that some of us get way more requests than others, so when it comes to earning the FVC King award, those of us who don't get as many requests are at a slight disadvantage even if we vote at a high rate.

3)One last issue is the V.A.T. I haven't had one in a while because I've been trying to figure out a more practical approach to voter rehabilitation. Some mods didn't want to see people's vp raised based on just one or a handful of "good" votes, especially when it is in the context of a competition.

Here's the solution I've came up with for all 3 issues:
THE UNIVERSAL FVC THREADS (UNIVERSAL FVC TEXT THREAD & UNIVERSAL FVC AUDIO THREAD)

To address issue 1), from now on, people vying for an FVC position will be asked to vote on 10-15 battles from the UNIVERSAL FVC THREAD over the course of one week.
They will not know who they're facing as before, and their battles won't be assigned until AFTER they've already voted on their battles. After the deadline for them to vote on 10-15 battles has passed, I will then use an online randomizer to organize their votes into 3-round brackets and will select 3 battles from each candidate that overlaps where other candidates have also placed votes. We will then judge and select them through comparing and contrasting their votes as before. This will show who's ready to drop accurate votes at a high volume and it will also reduce people feeding off their opponent's votes as they won't know who they're facing beforehand.

To address issue 2), from now on, if you are falling behind in your FVC votes or aren't getting enough requests, you may vote on any battle placed in the UNIVERSAL FVC THREAD and drop the link to the post in your own thread and I will count it toward your stats.
DO NOT LINK THE ACTUAL BATTLES. Instead, link the post from the UNIVERSAL FVC THREAD that you are responding to. Here's how to link posts in case you don't know how:
Every post has a number in the upper-right corner...

If you wanted to link post #1 for example, right-click the number, then choose "copy link location"...

Paste this link in your thread if you vote on it. Alternatively, you can simply make a post in your thread saying you voted on #1, but I would prefer the linked post.

To address issue 3), I will ask those who request their vp raised to vote on 20 battles from the UNIVERSAL FVC THREAD over a month's period. If you guys want to help, you can critique some of their votes and send the critique to the candidate as well as myself by private message. For every 5 votes you commit to critiquing, I will grant you 1 day "FVC holiday" where I will close your voting thread temporarily so that you may do the critiquing instead (unless you choose to leave your voting thread open). This will give you guys a break from your voting thread and a chance to do something different if you decide to help. Just let me know ahead of time if you're interested. At the end of the month, I will ultimately decide who gets their vp raised and who doesn't.

Let me know what you guys think.

@Murderous Swag @Just C @Savage Capone @The Generalization @Enfinite @Phenomonon @Path @Jimmy Dean™ @ILLoKWENT™ @Fiji Osa @Student

Last edited by NOBLE; 11-11-2012 at 11:29 PM.