View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:17 AM
ILLoKWENT ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 2696 Post(s)
Tagged: 58 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
168 Won / 28 Lost

GrizzEAT vs. JOSH
http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=444830

GRizzEAT ; Voted: Prince wood: 3 / Sick Ritual: 5
JOSH ; Voted: Prince wood: 1 / Sick Ritual: 3

okay first off, as far as rates go, i felt griz gave too high a rating for sick, because alot of his endrhymes didnt even rhyme consistently, ida given him a 4 at most because he came closer to an actual battle verse... joshes votes were imo, more accurate, prince barely rhymed as well, and his verse wasnt even a battle verse either. i would ve gave em a zero.. as far as expo goes, i felt grizz's explanation, pretty much scratched the surface as far as what they did wrong in their verses, yeah he brought up the fact that prince's verse read more like a cypher, but didnt also point out basic stuff that was wrong wit his verse, how he couldve constructed his verse better, etc.. even pointing out that sick probably wrote wit an accent that fuckd his flow up... you couldve gave one example of his bar that required better wording, and provide an insight on what he couldve done to make it a better bar.. then he said punches win battles, which is true, but taking both battler's writing abilities, one must assume they have no clue what constitutes a good punch, or a text book punch for that matter, which again you couldve provided at least one example of one of each person's lines and how they couldve turned it into a concept into a relation, into a simile, pun, flip, etc.... so imho, grizz's vote was subpar, considering this is an FVC entrance competition.. josh's, on the other hand was actually decent, he didnt give an example of the person's bar, but did give advice on how the person could improve, in regards to his multis, also, by adding the person's name - then addressing their corresponding problem and remedy makes it cleaner and concise, i also like the fact he gave them sources on where to turn for material in order to get an idea of what to look for in a good battle verse... and his closing was a good confidence builder, didnt come off as arrogant, but friendly, and peeps are more inclined to take advice from someone who can understand what stage the person is in skillwise and meetem halfway., as opposed to someone criticisin them like theyre sopposed to know what to do.. with that, i give my vote to JOSH...

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

strongside vs. OSKAR

http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...819&section=tb

strongside voted chavito-4 merku-4

oskar voted chavito-6 merku-5

okay both came wit the correct winner imo, so thats a plus, but thats where the similarities end, as far as rating goes, i felt oskar's was slightly higher than what i wouldve given them so strong was closer .. expo wise, oskar pretty much did a really small summary which to me is subpar if he's considering to be representing FVC quality.. he skimmed the strength of one, and the fault of another , wit no real advice on how to correct the problem, and fvc voter should give at least one example of one of the battlers lines, what was wrong wit it, and how to correct it, this type of minimalist voting, only makes the loser think, okay..... what do you mean i didnt say much? or my stuff was forced... how is it forced? what constitutes something being 'forced'.... if your gonna advise them of someting, give an example and how to reword it, then go the extra mile and point them in the right direction...

strongside, went into more depth, pointing out their weaknesses, referenced certain words, or lines in their bars, and what was wrong wit it, it was basically more helpful towards the growth of the combatant.... my vote goes to strong side... this was an obvious decision..
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #3

ILLoKWENT ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!ILLoKWENT is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.04/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.04/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.52/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
168 Won / 28 Lost

Voted: 82 audio / 1286 text
Mentioned: 2696 Post(s)
Tagged: 58 Thread(s)

GrizzEAT vs. JOSH
http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=444830

GRizzEAT ; Voted: Prince wood: 3 / Sick Ritual: 5
JOSH ; Voted: Prince wood: 1 / Sick Ritual: 3

okay first off, as far as rates go, i felt griz gave too high a rating for sick, because alot of his endrhymes didnt even rhyme consistently, ida given him a 4 at most because he came closer to an actual battle verse... joshes votes were imo, more accurate, prince barely rhymed as well, and his verse wasnt even a battle verse either. i would ve gave em a zero.. as far as expo goes, i felt grizz's explanation, pretty much scratched the surface as far as what they did wrong in their verses, yeah he brought up the fact that prince's verse read more like a cypher, but didnt also point out basic stuff that was wrong wit his verse, how he couldve constructed his verse better, etc.. even pointing out that sick probably wrote wit an accent that fuckd his flow up... you couldve gave one example of his bar that required better wording, and provide an insight on what he couldve done to make it a better bar.. then he said punches win battles, which is true, but taking both battler's writing abilities, one must assume they have no clue what constitutes a good punch, or a text book punch for that matter, which again you couldve provided at least one example of one of each person's lines and how they couldve turned it into a concept into a relation, into a simile, pun, flip, etc.... so imho, grizz's vote was subpar, considering this is an FVC entrance competition.. josh's, on the other hand was actually decent, he didnt give an example of the person's bar, but did give advice on how the person could improve, in regards to his multis, also, by adding the person's name - then addressing their corresponding problem and remedy makes it cleaner and concise, i also like the fact he gave them sources on where to turn for material in order to get an idea of what to look for in a good battle verse... and his closing was a good confidence builder, didnt come off as arrogant, but friendly, and peeps are more inclined to take advice from someone who can understand what stage the person is in skillwise and meetem halfway., as opposed to someone criticisin them like theyre sopposed to know what to do.. with that, i give my vote to JOSH...

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

strongside vs. OSKAR

http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...819&section=tb

strongside voted chavito-4 merku-4

oskar voted chavito-6 merku-5

okay both came wit the correct winner imo, so thats a plus, but thats where the similarities end, as far as rating goes, i felt oskar's was slightly higher than what i wouldve given them so strong was closer .. expo wise, oskar pretty much did a really small summary which to me is subpar if he's considering to be representing FVC quality.. he skimmed the strength of one, and the fault of another , wit no real advice on how to correct the problem, and fvc voter should give at least one example of one of the battlers lines, what was wrong wit it, and how to correct it, this type of minimalist voting, only makes the loser think, okay..... what do you mean i didnt say much? or my stuff was forced... how is it forced? what constitutes something being 'forced'.... if your gonna advise them of someting, give an example and how to reword it, then go the extra mile and point them in the right direction...

strongside, went into more depth, pointing out their weaknesses, referenced certain words, or lines in their bars, and what was wrong wit it, it was basically more helpful towards the growth of the combatant.... my vote goes to strong side... this was an obvious decision..