View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Carlos Brigante
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
19 Won / 21 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krhyme Killz View Post
Since the invention of my obvious multi account...i've noticed a few things about voting on here...

i always knew that the majority of cats simply cant vote to save their life, but damn. its to the point where i'm not even sure 80% of cats are reading the verses or just looking for recognizable names. it was one thing when it was just cats saying "fv"...but damn..i'm seeing dudes legitimately not know that the person they voted for is whack.

so...

why not make voting a PRIVLIGE and not a right?

all newcomers get zero voting power. but the credit system works the same, meaning that voting will still work in the same way as always as far as feedback is concerned in the comments. however, stupid and new voters' votes wont mean anything. only voters who've been deemed sane will dictate the outcome of battles. this will mean that we'd need a couple more mods, maybe dedicated to this sole venture. they'd routinely monitor voters and adjust VP from zero up and also lower when necessary, as they already do.

the best part is that voting power would still be unknown and people would really want to earn a counted vote, because everyone want to feel a part of the process...

thoughts?
gud idea... only problem i see wit dis is dat ur makin da votin bias cuz its da diversity and preference of styles da makes matches competetitve u cant make a new member or emcee prefer a certain verse over da other... its about choice n preference... imo...
Give them nothing but take from them EVERYTHING!!! -Leonidas-
Quote:
The past is a memory, a lesson HISTORY / you learn you move on, and pain? it aint SHIT TO ME / it makes me stronger in lifes Mortal Kombats Flawless VICTORY / if you aint HIP TO ME? / i been thru hell and back, mah feet and hands BLISTERING /
Unread 07-31-2010, 03:08 PM   #9

Carlos Brigante
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.57/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
19 Won / 21 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krhyme Killz View Post
Since the invention of my obvious multi account...i've noticed a few things about voting on here...

i always knew that the majority of cats simply cant vote to save their life, but damn. its to the point where i'm not even sure 80% of cats are reading the verses or just looking for recognizable names. it was one thing when it was just cats saying "fv"...but damn..i'm seeing dudes legitimately not know that the person they voted for is whack.

so...

why not make voting a PRIVLIGE and not a right?

all newcomers get zero voting power. but the credit system works the same, meaning that voting will still work in the same way as always as far as feedback is concerned in the comments. however, stupid and new voters' votes wont mean anything. only voters who've been deemed sane will dictate the outcome of battles. this will mean that we'd need a couple more mods, maybe dedicated to this sole venture. they'd routinely monitor voters and adjust VP from zero up and also lower when necessary, as they already do.

the best part is that voting power would still be unknown and people would really want to earn a counted vote, because everyone want to feel a part of the process...

thoughts?
gud idea... only problem i see wit dis is dat ur makin da votin bias cuz its da diversity and preference of styles da makes matches competetitve u cant make a new member or emcee prefer a certain verse over da other... its about choice n preference... imo...
Give them nothing but take from them EVERYTHING!!! -Leonidas-
Quote:
The past is a memory, a lesson HISTORY / you learn you move on, and pain? it aint SHIT TO ME / it makes me stronger in lifes Mortal Kombats Flawless VICTORY / if you aint HIP TO ME? / i been thru hell and back, mah feet and hands BLISTERING /