View Single Post
Unread 05-29-2022, 06:13 PM
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.45/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
28 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
I think longevity is also something to consider as well as how dominant they were in their era. I hate to say it, but someone dominating in an era when there were hundreds of active members...carries more weight than someone dominating or winning a GC when there are only like 28 active members. I say I hate to say it because it's not their fault that the site is so dead and it also doesn't mean they wouldn't have also dominated when the site was super active, but nevertheless the greats from years past still carry more weight in my eyes than the newer greats for that reason.
Here’s my counter-point to this (hear me out):

Jason, Real Talk, and those guys from yester year battled in a time period where there were 200+ active members but about 10-15 of them were what you’d consider good at a given time. The greats from this era are battling in 15-20 people fields where 3-5 are good, and more often than not it’s the same people over and over. If anything, I’d give MORE credit to the Bleus, Rows, Shodans, Edgeworths, and Seuls of the site who dominated and won multiple titles in a shallower yet stronger talent pool where they had to battle the same people over and over and maintain that level of dominance to win over a Real Talk or a Jason who battled in a more watered-down era in terms of competition. It is much tougher to NOT LOSE to against someone you battle 6-7 times (see: Me vs Rai) than it is to not lose to someone you’ve only battled 2-3 times.
Unread 05-29-2022, 06:13 PM   #12

Lockhart Lockhart is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!Lockhart is on FIRE! 25+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.45/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
28 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 7 audio / 63 text
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
I think longevity is also something to consider as well as how dominant they were in their era. I hate to say it, but someone dominating in an era when there were hundreds of active members...carries more weight than someone dominating or winning a GC when there are only like 28 active members. I say I hate to say it because it's not their fault that the site is so dead and it also doesn't mean they wouldn't have also dominated when the site was super active, but nevertheless the greats from years past still carry more weight in my eyes than the newer greats for that reason.
Here’s my counter-point to this (hear me out):

Jason, Real Talk, and those guys from yester year battled in a time period where there were 200+ active members but about 10-15 of them were what you’d consider good at a given time. The greats from this era are battling in 15-20 people fields where 3-5 are good, and more often than not it’s the same people over and over. If anything, I’d give MORE credit to the Bleus, Rows, Shodans, Edgeworths, and Seuls of the site who dominated and won multiple titles in a shallower yet stronger talent pool where they had to battle the same people over and over and maintain that level of dominance to win over a Real Talk or a Jason who battled in a more watered-down era in terms of competition. It is much tougher to NOT LOSE to against someone you battle 6-7 times (see: Me vs Rai) than it is to not lose to someone you’ve only battled 2-3 times.