View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2020, 01:54 AM
DiZzReSpEkT
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
“Pop culture is nerdy” sounds like an oxymoron to me. If you’re referencing shows/people/games/whatever that lots of people like, enjoy and relate to I don’t see how that isn’t hard hitting when it’s something everyone can instantly relate to. Gun bars are wildly overused which is what makes me not a fan of them, although a well-done gun bar is still a great bar imo.

Also, online text rap battling will always be nerdy. Hit Em Up is a great diss track because the guy delivering it means every word he says and has lived a life where he can actually do it. Random kids behind a keyboard are not Tupac, so when people try too hard to pull that kind of thing off I just find it hard to take them seriously.
Damn I'm reading a lot of well though out arguments. Good to hear your opinion on this.

Hopefully more flood in to give this site activity.

"You're Softer than Alize with A Chaser"
Unread 03-24-2020, 01:54 AM   #4

DiZzReSpEkT

Voted: 1 audio / 51 text
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
“Pop culture is nerdy” sounds like an oxymoron to me. If you’re referencing shows/people/games/whatever that lots of people like, enjoy and relate to I don’t see how that isn’t hard hitting when it’s something everyone can instantly relate to. Gun bars are wildly overused which is what makes me not a fan of them, although a well-done gun bar is still a great bar imo.

Also, online text rap battling will always be nerdy. Hit Em Up is a great diss track because the guy delivering it means every word he says and has lived a life where he can actually do it. Random kids behind a keyboard are not Tupac, so when people try too hard to pull that kind of thing off I just find it hard to take them seriously.
Damn I'm reading a lot of well though out arguments. Good to hear your opinion on this.

Hopefully more flood in to give this site activity.

"You're Softer than Alize with A Chaser"