View Single Post
Unread 03-23-2020, 08:31 PM
DiZzReSpEkT
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Co-Sign with @Esso and you have valid points @Cosovic I won't be a dick and say these have been brought up before because that looks extra lame telling a new guy that they've been addressed but not fixed.

Not sure what a permanent fix looks like but in the meantime the Staff could be a little more vigilant in removing bullshit votes and informing those users that their vote was removed, they should explain future votes, etc. Especially now when we don't have that many battles going on.

Regular users should report others too, ideally not directly or publicly but to a Staff member to deal with.

This way, slowly, the culture starts to shift that on this website we're giving each other real feedback and not just stacking up wins.
Dawg the staff don’t give af about bullshit voting. Look at my battle with VA for evidence. Nigga had no multi’s, no metaphors and no meanings when I had all of the above. Got 2 people saying I was robbed. Don’t matter n ion really give af cuz Ik I should’ve won that but still, if the staff cared they’d look at every battle before it closes to make sure there was no obvious bullshit votes.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
The idea of 5-10 voting mods is wonderful but unfortunately impossible. The current mod team is 3 people, one and a half of whom are active at the moment. The closest thing is the FVC (Fair Voters Club), which is designated to vote on important battles and try to cover as much of the basic arena as they can. They have a higher voting power (VP) than regular users so their votes can counteract bad voters'. The FVC is currently very small cos a few people have left but I'm looking to shore it back up in the coming days. I do think its important to let everyone have a voice on battles though, giving all the power to a small group of people can be dangerous and ultimately battle rap is an art, not a science, so there's no objective way to win except by winning over the crowd.

Homie ion mean to be a Dick, cause I appreciate you staff and all the bullshit you guys have to put up with, but the FVC is the most bullshit thing I’ve heard of. Y’all let me in there when I had no clue what the fuck I was doing, when my votes were ass, and when I literally did not know what a multi or punchline was and how it was different from a diss. N Ik I’ve changed since then but I think y’all should really close the FVC to members with high prestige n shit.

Problem is with all you headass rappers thinking they’re the best n shit (I’m not in anyway referring to you Kiwi, I’m going off topic and ranting, love ya mans) is that they forget that just because they’re good don’t mean they don’t have to vote on battles. If you’re on the forums and battling mf’s that just signed up, but can’t vote, you have some serious MF problems.

Same shit if you’re considered a GOAT but don’t vote and just come for big battles, looking at your MF ass Bleu/Noir/Other French mothafuckin colour.

I know I’m not the most consistent voter but at least I got my last 10 votes calculated by rhyme and flow as well as judging punchlines and shit by how hard they hit.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Unfortunately, people that are just looking to vote quick for credits will often look at a number of capped words or quotation marks and declare a winner. Votes that aren’t explained well can be removed by request if you talk to a mod. People should be explaining their votes more than the example you just gave. Mods have a low key way of dealing with folks that consistently cast bad votes. That third part? Don’t pay attention to the rankings....they don’t mean much of anything at all. Once you’re here a while you’ll know who’s who. Peep the tournaments if you want to know who’s actually good and whose votes should be paid more attention to as far as using feedback to improve.

Unfortunately, rushed and uneducated votes always have been and will be an issue. It’s just what it is. Don’t let it deter you though if you like this stuff....it really is one of the last great places left to text battle as it’s a dying ‘art’.
Agree with this, but problem is some people consider “good” different. Me for example, I could give a fuck less whether a verse is “clean” and structurally perfect, all I care is the schemes are complex and the punchlines hit har and are set-up with enough shit, that makes it hit even harder. I’m tired of some nerdy ass MF bars that hit like a wet ass mothafucking fart, but getting voted cause that shit “sTrUctUraLLy cLeAn”. Complex but choppy > Clean but basic.

But of course that’s all in my opinion. Someone could prefer and think clean verses that are smooth like Kylie Jenner’s taint are better than shit that’s choppy but conceptually unique.

It’s all up to the voter, and when the voter doesn’t vote what’s considered “good” in other battlers eyes, they get shit on.

But I think there’s a clear difference between a decisive win and a split victory.

But that’s just my 2 cents, I’m not obliging anyone to agree with me

"You're Softer than Alize with A Chaser"
Unread 03-23-2020, 08:31 PM   #5

DiZzReSpEkT

Voted: 1 audio / 51 text
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Co-Sign with @Esso and you have valid points @Cosovic I won't be a dick and say these have been brought up before because that looks extra lame telling a new guy that they've been addressed but not fixed.

Not sure what a permanent fix looks like but in the meantime the Staff could be a little more vigilant in removing bullshit votes and informing those users that their vote was removed, they should explain future votes, etc. Especially now when we don't have that many battles going on.

Regular users should report others too, ideally not directly or publicly but to a Staff member to deal with.

This way, slowly, the culture starts to shift that on this website we're giving each other real feedback and not just stacking up wins.
Dawg the staff don’t give af about bullshit voting. Look at my battle with VA for evidence. Nigga had no multi’s, no metaphors and no meanings when I had all of the above. Got 2 people saying I was robbed. Don’t matter n ion really give af cuz Ik I should’ve won that but still, if the staff cared they’d look at every battle before it closes to make sure there was no obvious bullshit votes.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post
The idea of 5-10 voting mods is wonderful but unfortunately impossible. The current mod team is 3 people, one and a half of whom are active at the moment. The closest thing is the FVC (Fair Voters Club), which is designated to vote on important battles and try to cover as much of the basic arena as they can. They have a higher voting power (VP) than regular users so their votes can counteract bad voters'. The FVC is currently very small cos a few people have left but I'm looking to shore it back up in the coming days. I do think its important to let everyone have a voice on battles though, giving all the power to a small group of people can be dangerous and ultimately battle rap is an art, not a science, so there's no objective way to win except by winning over the crowd.

Homie ion mean to be a Dick, cause I appreciate you staff and all the bullshit you guys have to put up with, but the FVC is the most bullshit thing I’ve heard of. Y’all let me in there when I had no clue what the fuck I was doing, when my votes were ass, and when I literally did not know what a multi or punchline was and how it was different from a diss. N Ik I’ve changed since then but I think y’all should really close the FVC to members with high prestige n shit.

Problem is with all you headass rappers thinking they’re the best n shit (I’m not in anyway referring to you Kiwi, I’m going off topic and ranting, love ya mans) is that they forget that just because they’re good don’t mean they don’t have to vote on battles. If you’re on the forums and battling mf’s that just signed up, but can’t vote, you have some serious MF problems.

Same shit if you’re considered a GOAT but don’t vote and just come for big battles, looking at your MF ass Bleu/Noir/Other French mothafuckin colour.

I know I’m not the most consistent voter but at least I got my last 10 votes calculated by rhyme and flow as well as judging punchlines and shit by how hard they hit.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Unfortunately, people that are just looking to vote quick for credits will often look at a number of capped words or quotation marks and declare a winner. Votes that aren’t explained well can be removed by request if you talk to a mod. People should be explaining their votes more than the example you just gave. Mods have a low key way of dealing with folks that consistently cast bad votes. That third part? Don’t pay attention to the rankings....they don’t mean much of anything at all. Once you’re here a while you’ll know who’s who. Peep the tournaments if you want to know who’s actually good and whose votes should be paid more attention to as far as using feedback to improve.

Unfortunately, rushed and uneducated votes always have been and will be an issue. It’s just what it is. Don’t let it deter you though if you like this stuff....it really is one of the last great places left to text battle as it’s a dying ‘art’.
Agree with this, but problem is some people consider “good” different. Me for example, I could give a fuck less whether a verse is “clean” and structurally perfect, all I care is the schemes are complex and the punchlines hit har and are set-up with enough shit, that makes it hit even harder. I’m tired of some nerdy ass MF bars that hit like a wet ass mothafucking fart, but getting voted cause that shit “sTrUctUraLLy cLeAn”. Complex but choppy > Clean but basic.

But of course that’s all in my opinion. Someone could prefer and think clean verses that are smooth like Kylie Jenner’s taint are better than shit that’s choppy but conceptually unique.

It’s all up to the voter, and when the voter doesn’t vote what’s considered “good” in other battlers eyes, they get shit on.

But I think there’s a clear difference between a decisive win and a split victory.

But that’s just my 2 cents, I’m not obliging anyone to agree with me

"You're Softer than Alize with A Chaser"