View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2020, 02:34 PM
Saii
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
Biting should not be bannable lol

For 1, yall got 7 members that log in daily.
For 2, a DQ and that person being known for biting should be punishment enough.
For 3, its 2020. In actual battle rap, dudes claim they bit lines all the time, where it's the same concept but you think Smack or Organik's going to stop the battle and ban them from their leagues over a close line? Lol catch up with the times LB. Banning people for potentially nibbling off of 1 line is ridiculous at this point.
@Celsius didnt bite. I told him that line was hit or miss when he was writing it so I'm 100% sure it ain't bitten.
You have a point here, but it's just ironic that the last 5 or 6 cases or accusations of someone biting has been dismissed as "close, but not a bite" or "it's 2019/2020, saying a concept someone else has said is normal" or "the concept is kinda played so it could have been used millions of times without us knowing" etc etc.

Similar concepts, and word for word biting are two VERY different things, and given how smart we are and how educated we are in critiquing bars, we know the difference.

I agree, there are some that are exposed for insane amounts of biting, like the infamous Erk thread, or Rican's dirt coming to light, but still a bite is a bite. And the rules that have been upheld for years should be upheld now.
Unread 03-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #23

Saii

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
Biting should not be bannable lol

For 1, yall got 7 members that log in daily.
For 2, a DQ and that person being known for biting should be punishment enough.
For 3, its 2020. In actual battle rap, dudes claim they bit lines all the time, where it's the same concept but you think Smack or Organik's going to stop the battle and ban them from their leagues over a close line? Lol catch up with the times LB. Banning people for potentially nibbling off of 1 line is ridiculous at this point.
@Celsius didnt bite. I told him that line was hit or miss when he was writing it so I'm 100% sure it ain't bitten.
You have a point here, but it's just ironic that the last 5 or 6 cases or accusations of someone biting has been dismissed as "close, but not a bite" or "it's 2019/2020, saying a concept someone else has said is normal" or "the concept is kinda played so it could have been used millions of times without us knowing" etc etc.

Similar concepts, and word for word biting are two VERY different things, and given how smart we are and how educated we are in critiquing bars, we know the difference.

I agree, there are some that are exposed for insane amounts of biting, like the infamous Erk thread, or Rican's dirt coming to light, but still a bite is a bite. And the rules that have been upheld for years should be upheld now.