View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2020, 09:39 AM
Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 705 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
106 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

I’ll read a verse several times if it’s not clear from the jump who won. First emphasis is on basics. Does it all rhyme? Does it make sense? Is it for the most part grammatically correct (except slang and vernacular)? Next, does it flow like you can use the verse in an acapella battle? Text battling is imitating that...so if you got long ass sentences without a rhyme or your patterns are mad inconsistent, it fucks with the read. A clean read with a good flow means a lot. Most of the high level battlers master the first two parts so lastly I’ll analyze punches. Is it creative? Does your wordplay make sense both ways without reaching? Are your concepts correctly used? Are your figures of speech used in the proper context?

I used to not look up bars because if I didn’t get it the first time, that’s the writer’s fault for not being accessible to the audience. But then I saw how many bars the general public here found hot that were about shit like Pokémon, DBZ, Harry Potter, etc that I have no interest in...between that and a vote I placed one time on a nameplay that had one additional meaning I wasn’t privy to, I started doing a quick look up.

And if anyone mentions a Venn diagram, I’ve got time today and want all that smoke
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 02-08-2020, 09:39 AM   #2

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
106 Won / 19 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 728 text
Mentioned: 705 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)

I’ll read a verse several times if it’s not clear from the jump who won. First emphasis is on basics. Does it all rhyme? Does it make sense? Is it for the most part grammatically correct (except slang and vernacular)? Next, does it flow like you can use the verse in an acapella battle? Text battling is imitating that...so if you got long ass sentences without a rhyme or your patterns are mad inconsistent, it fucks with the read. A clean read with a good flow means a lot. Most of the high level battlers master the first two parts so lastly I’ll analyze punches. Is it creative? Does your wordplay make sense both ways without reaching? Are your concepts correctly used? Are your figures of speech used in the proper context?

I used to not look up bars because if I didn’t get it the first time, that’s the writer’s fault for not being accessible to the audience. But then I saw how many bars the general public here found hot that were about shit like Pokémon, DBZ, Harry Potter, etc that I have no interest in...between that and a vote I placed one time on a nameplay that had one additional meaning I wasn’t privy to, I started doing a quick look up.

And if anyone mentions a Venn diagram, I’ve got time today and want all that smoke
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral