Thread: Concealed Votes
View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2020, 03:27 PM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Concealed Votes

For tournament battles are pointless. The whole point of making it to where you can't see the comments on battles in general was to keep from possible swaying due to people's votes clueing in how they voted, which is why people concealed votes in the past.

There's no need to do it anymore because of that. If you're concealing a vote now I'm gonna think you're afraid of some repercussion coming your way in a vote against you for some dumb reason or I'm gonna think you really don't know what you're talking about. Most of these concealed votes don't speak on any key points as to why you voted the way you did, either, and instead they look like some vague bs that anyone can type up to look like they know what they're talking about. What does anyone learn from that? Not a damn thing, and I, nor anyone else for that matter, should have to chase you down in IMs or PMs to ask you wtf you meant with your vote. That's a waste of my time and yours because of the vote not explaining a damn thing.

tl;dr version: Stop concealing votes cause you look like a moron or someone who's afraid of a vote against you. Wanna know how to solve that? Have a better verse.
Unread 01-22-2020, 03:27 PM   #1

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Concealed Votes

For tournament battles are pointless. The whole point of making it to where you can't see the comments on battles in general was to keep from possible swaying due to people's votes clueing in how they voted, which is why people concealed votes in the past.

There's no need to do it anymore because of that. If you're concealing a vote now I'm gonna think you're afraid of some repercussion coming your way in a vote against you for some dumb reason or I'm gonna think you really don't know what you're talking about. Most of these concealed votes don't speak on any key points as to why you voted the way you did, either, and instead they look like some vague bs that anyone can type up to look like they know what they're talking about. What does anyone learn from that? Not a damn thing, and I, nor anyone else for that matter, should have to chase you down in IMs or PMs to ask you wtf you meant with your vote. That's a waste of my time and yours because of the vote not explaining a damn thing.

tl;dr version: Stop concealing votes cause you look like a moron or someone who's afraid of a vote against you. Wanna know how to solve that? Have a better verse.