Thread: The Rican Topic
View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2019, 08:30 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 393 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

I really don't understand how or why people are saying "every single time cheating comes up its because of multis". Other than Rican, I'm not aware of any multi-related cheating sagas on the site besides apparently someone called Silk or something, who was connected to Rican anyway. Almost every "cheating exposed" thread I've seen in my time on LB is biting-related, and the other more famous scandals I'm aware of are things like paying for votes, abusing staff powers and buddy-voting, none of which have any connection to multis. There are some clear benefits to multi-accounts; I think it's good for top-tier battlers to see what people think of their bars without their reputation attached, or for people like Brayne to make gimmick accounts or Danny Tanner to be more successful than Rieper in the rankings.

Besides, doing shady shit/cheating with multis is against the rules anyway, as is sharing accounts. This way you're only going to stop the innocent side of multis, whereas the people that cheat will still cheat and lie about it because that's what they were doing anyway, and adding one more rule to break isn't going to stop them.
Unread 12-23-2019, 08:30 PM   #35

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 393 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

I really don't understand how or why people are saying "every single time cheating comes up its because of multis". Other than Rican, I'm not aware of any multi-related cheating sagas on the site besides apparently someone called Silk or something, who was connected to Rican anyway. Almost every "cheating exposed" thread I've seen in my time on LB is biting-related, and the other more famous scandals I'm aware of are things like paying for votes, abusing staff powers and buddy-voting, none of which have any connection to multis. There are some clear benefits to multi-accounts; I think it's good for top-tier battlers to see what people think of their bars without their reputation attached, or for people like Brayne to make gimmick accounts or Danny Tanner to be more successful than Rieper in the rankings.

Besides, doing shady shit/cheating with multis is against the rules anyway, as is sharing accounts. This way you're only going to stop the innocent side of multis, whereas the people that cheat will still cheat and lie about it because that's what they were doing anyway, and adding one more rule to break isn't going to stop them.