View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:00 PM
EtH
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

I don't mean this in any way to detract from anything else, just my insight.

As for quality Vs quantity, quality is something we all pretend is the most important factor. If I get 5 great votes on my battle, I'm not as happy as I am with 15 shit votes. Quantity is hugely important. It adds a feeling that people have read the battle and as someone who writes more "entertainment" verses, the idea that people enjoyed my verses whether or not they gave an amazing breakdown is great and motivates me to continue.

Also on this point, I'm a real "quality" voter. I read it once (because yous who say you read it 5 times are talking shite) but when I do I give valid reasoning and indepth breakdowns of what I thought (pre this week). That takes time. That is a lot of typing, especially on a phone, that honestly makes me get away from voting. I'm voting less because of quality is the summary of that.

This isn't meant with any real point, just a perspective that I think people pretend doesnt exist.

Since this is a voting thread, I want to shoutout Kiwi Peewee. On my battle with Lock, I tried something very left field. I wrote a compliments verse that was actually a sarcastic insults verse. This was a concept I thought was very different and enjoyed trying. I was happy with almost every vote, and was actually surprised at the positivity, but in reading Kiwi's vote and how he completely understood that the verse itself was a concept, rather than just individual lines, it was motivating for me to be like "Nice one even when I try something new and different, this guy gets it". He voted against me if that helps the disclosure haha.

I think there will always be a balance, but the guys writing barely a paragraph as a vote make up the bulk of voters and I want 10+ votes on my battles no matter what the vote is.
@mcg#3451
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #26

EtH
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)

I don't mean this in any way to detract from anything else, just my insight.

As for quality Vs quantity, quality is something we all pretend is the most important factor. If I get 5 great votes on my battle, I'm not as happy as I am with 15 shit votes. Quantity is hugely important. It adds a feeling that people have read the battle and as someone who writes more "entertainment" verses, the idea that people enjoyed my verses whether or not they gave an amazing breakdown is great and motivates me to continue.

Also on this point, I'm a real "quality" voter. I read it once (because yous who say you read it 5 times are talking shite) but when I do I give valid reasoning and indepth breakdowns of what I thought (pre this week). That takes time. That is a lot of typing, especially on a phone, that honestly makes me get away from voting. I'm voting less because of quality is the summary of that.

This isn't meant with any real point, just a perspective that I think people pretend doesnt exist.

Since this is a voting thread, I want to shoutout Kiwi Peewee. On my battle with Lock, I tried something very left field. I wrote a compliments verse that was actually a sarcastic insults verse. This was a concept I thought was very different and enjoyed trying. I was happy with almost every vote, and was actually surprised at the positivity, but in reading Kiwi's vote and how he completely understood that the verse itself was a concept, rather than just individual lines, it was motivating for me to be like "Nice one even when I try something new and different, this guy gets it". He voted against me if that helps the disclosure haha.

I think there will always be a balance, but the guys writing barely a paragraph as a vote make up the bulk of voters and I want 10+ votes on my battles no matter what the vote is.
@mcg#3451