Thread: stop battling
View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Brayne Ded
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Too little, too late. All the passionate dudes are gone. This battle here is a good representation of the current state of the site:

https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_deta...n=tb&id=513672

The decent battles are too few and far between to really necessitate another team of mods. Y'all always worried about the wrong shit. Voting is only pertinent if there are battles worth voting on. Battles are taking weeks to close (I have one almost 2 days past the time it was supposed to close.) Nobody cares about voting anymore. There isn't a reason to. I'd say over half the battle feed is bullshit battles with bullshit votes. There's no excitement left. No official tournaments. No good battles. There isn't much going on nowadays, in terms of skill. How is bringing back mods voted in going to help? Deleting 1 of the 2 votes a battles gets in 5 days and making it take 11 days to close? Reranking battles that did close due to bullshit votes? What if all 3 votes are wack? I just don't think this is a solution to anything right now. The original decision to end mods really put a dent in things and creating new ones isn't going to fill the void created by alienating the previous staff and members.

Plus, with voting now lacking any incentive, I suppose it will be up to the "new, Democratic Mods" to vote on battles like that one I posted the link of? God speed to whoever steps up to that plate ... You'll be deleting a ton of shit.

Last edited by Brayne Ded; 09-08-2019 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Unread 09-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #19

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 36 text
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Too little, too late. All the passionate dudes are gone. This battle here is a good representation of the current state of the site:

https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_deta...n=tb&id=513672

The decent battles are too few and far between to really necessitate another team of mods. Y'all always worried about the wrong shit. Voting is only pertinent if there are battles worth voting on. Battles are taking weeks to close (I have one almost 2 days past the time it was supposed to close.) Nobody cares about voting anymore. There isn't a reason to. I'd say over half the battle feed is bullshit battles with bullshit votes. There's no excitement left. No official tournaments. No good battles. There isn't much going on nowadays, in terms of skill. How is bringing back mods voted in going to help? Deleting 1 of the 2 votes a battles gets in 5 days and making it take 11 days to close? Reranking battles that did close due to bullshit votes? What if all 3 votes are wack? I just don't think this is a solution to anything right now. The original decision to end mods really put a dent in things and creating new ones isn't going to fill the void created by alienating the previous staff and members.

Plus, with voting now lacking any incentive, I suppose it will be up to the "new, Democratic Mods" to vote on battles like that one I posted the link of? God speed to whoever steps up to that plate ... You'll be deleting a ton of shit.

Last edited by Brayne Ded; 09-08-2019 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity