View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2019, 03:48 AM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default ANON BATTLE POSTING

so during the brief time of illmania it's suddenly dawned on me how seemingly antiquated the process of starting an open battle on letsbeef is. the blind drop was an excellent addition, but it's strange it only extends to the verse being disguised.

my thought?

when you post an open it will show up as "battle #1 available" and you can choose to accept it and write whatever good shit you got. why do it this way?

1. sniping will be eliminated. (someone might get lucky and get matched with a rookie who didn't fill the box, but at the same time, they'll be low key pissed they used some good bars. that may seem like a bad thing, but every one is sick of super shitty verses being dropped against noobs just cause it's an ez win.)

2. rappers with questionable records (bnas, and others) will now have to face the music. they will be forced to elevate in order to win and uphold their records. (if we re-start records it's a double bonus)

3. if the "blind" aspect is also applied to the voting, then this would also solve a whole nother lot of issues.

4. respected rappers like lock, and shodan could post an open knowing that people aren't just going to leave it hanging out of fear they might lose.

5. this prevents the people responding from being able to use name flips and personals against whoever posted, giving them a MASSIVE advantage in the battle.

SIDE NOTES ABOUT BLIND VOTING:

if every aspect of the battle was blind, you submitted an open, somebody replies, then people vote not knowing who is who, well here's what could be solved.

1. buddy voting becomes extinct

2. asking for votes becomes extinct.

3. the power of rep becomes extinct.

4. bitching about "buddy voting" or someone having a "bigger name" becomes extinct as well. we've prob all done that. i know i've felt like i lost due to my name being way less known. i know i've bitched about it to. this system would end all of that.

5. everything is equal and fair.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

if two users choose to battle each other, than this system wouldn't be needed, as they would know each other (in terms of being able to use personals and name flips) and be able to agree upon the terms of the battle.
Unread 01-27-2019, 03:48 AM   #1

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default ANON BATTLE POSTING

so during the brief time of illmania it's suddenly dawned on me how seemingly antiquated the process of starting an open battle on letsbeef is. the blind drop was an excellent addition, but it's strange it only extends to the verse being disguised.

my thought?

when you post an open it will show up as "battle #1 available" and you can choose to accept it and write whatever good shit you got. why do it this way?

1. sniping will be eliminated. (someone might get lucky and get matched with a rookie who didn't fill the box, but at the same time, they'll be low key pissed they used some good bars. that may seem like a bad thing, but every one is sick of super shitty verses being dropped against noobs just cause it's an ez win.)

2. rappers with questionable records (bnas, and others) will now have to face the music. they will be forced to elevate in order to win and uphold their records. (if we re-start records it's a double bonus)

3. if the "blind" aspect is also applied to the voting, then this would also solve a whole nother lot of issues.

4. respected rappers like lock, and shodan could post an open knowing that people aren't just going to leave it hanging out of fear they might lose.

5. this prevents the people responding from being able to use name flips and personals against whoever posted, giving them a MASSIVE advantage in the battle.

SIDE NOTES ABOUT BLIND VOTING:

if every aspect of the battle was blind, you submitted an open, somebody replies, then people vote not knowing who is who, well here's what could be solved.

1. buddy voting becomes extinct

2. asking for votes becomes extinct.

3. the power of rep becomes extinct.

4. bitching about "buddy voting" or someone having a "bigger name" becomes extinct as well. we've prob all done that. i know i've felt like i lost due to my name being way less known. i know i've bitched about it to. this system would end all of that.

5. everything is equal and fair.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

if two users choose to battle each other, than this system wouldn't be needed, as they would know each other (in terms of being able to use personals and name flips) and be able to agree upon the terms of the battle.