View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2019, 03:50 PM
lllllllllllll
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
This is pretty good information, but honestly?

Get a cracked version of FL/Ableton/ProTools

Most studios I've been to, they are using FL, Pro Tools or Ableton. You want to be able to understand the DAW's they use in studios, because it will help you communicate better with the engineer.

I made some rookie errors my first few times going to the studio, because trying to describe a SOUND with WORDS is difficult. So I found it much easier to communicate with them once I got a better understanding of the plugins and shit they are native to.

If you just trying to practice at home and what not, the OP will probably be more beneficial to you though.

For the people that want to learn how to do it all, for example:

- Rap (Writing)
- Know Your Way Around The Mic
- Produce Beats
- Learn Plugins
- Mixing

It's a tall order to learn all that shit mayne, none of its easy & takes years of work. Try to acquire basic knowledge of the DAW's for communication purposes and focus on the writing or Producing/Mixing solely.

Just my two cents for anyone starting out with this shit.
I agree but this thread is basically just for beginners that wanna do something simple instead of using audacity. Telling a person to jump right into Pro Tools (especially fruity loops) is overkill. Gotta work your way up.
Unread 01-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #38

lllllllllllll

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
This is pretty good information, but honestly?

Get a cracked version of FL/Ableton/ProTools

Most studios I've been to, they are using FL, Pro Tools or Ableton. You want to be able to understand the DAW's they use in studios, because it will help you communicate better with the engineer.

I made some rookie errors my first few times going to the studio, because trying to describe a SOUND with WORDS is difficult. So I found it much easier to communicate with them once I got a better understanding of the plugins and shit they are native to.

If you just trying to practice at home and what not, the OP will probably be more beneficial to you though.

For the people that want to learn how to do it all, for example:

- Rap (Writing)
- Know Your Way Around The Mic
- Produce Beats
- Learn Plugins
- Mixing

It's a tall order to learn all that shit mayne, none of its easy & takes years of work. Try to acquire basic knowledge of the DAW's for communication purposes and focus on the writing or Producing/Mixing solely.

Just my two cents for anyone starting out with this shit.
I agree but this thread is basically just for beginners that wanna do something simple instead of using audacity. Telling a person to jump right into Pro Tools (especially fruity loops) is overkill. Gotta work your way up.