View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Alright cool.

So complexity... In short.. Just means how in depth the concept is, right. So Its mainly going to be, what creative flip do you provide from the wordplay.. To the punchline concept.. And how many layers you add to make that concept more complex.

As an example.. I could say, its hot like fire. Youd understand what I meant.. Fire is hot. Duh. Right? Now, I could also say, its as hot as the devils nutsack. That adds a new layer of complexity.. The thought process is a bit deeper.. Devil, lives in hell, and hell is hot.. Etc. The thought process to that is much more in depth than a simplistic hot like fire.

Bars work the same way in that regards.

The most important thing youre gonna try and focus on, is trying to cleverly flip the wordplays, into actual punchline references that make it creative.

So lets take this multi for example.

From one of my battles a few years back. I said..

The “TITANS IN FLESH DEMANDED A FEAST”, So They brought me “intacom the chatter”, its Like I had a “RIGHTEOUS INTENT & SCANS FROM POLICE”. See You got rap punchlines… but if I “TYSON THE LEFT THIS MAN IS DECEASED”.. Now all them “Gunbars”? “A Pier to be Dead In The Water”,There Aint nothing King TRITON HAS YET TO HANDLE, CAPICHE?? I’m just here to prove all that training.. & you was “Bread To Get Left Behind”, Sorta “LIKE AN ATTEMPT THAT HANSEL WOULD LEAVE”!!!// If this was a grudge match? We’d watch him “Buckle For That Belt”, But he aint “SIZIN TO FIT HIS PANTS & HIS JEANS”.. Nah, I said he’ll “Buckle From That Weak Bullshit” W/O Trynna “RIDE INTO TEXAS RANCHES WIT THESE”!!!(8)// They wouldn’t see Someone “Inherit The Business” this bad, If they were “FINDIN THIS KID A PAMPHLET OF DEEDS”, Cus I’ll pick up the pen, “Denmark A Tragedy”........ it’s Like Im “WRITIN A SCRIPT OF HAMLET TO READ”!!!!//

Notice.. In one of the main parts, Back at the Tyson punch, I didnt say just If I hit him with a left.. I said if I tyson the left, this man is deceased. Thats one of the main subtleties I used complexity.. But in the more noticable parts.. I used the formula, wordplay, like, punchline reference technique.

Basically what that means is.. I start with a wordplay..

They wouldn’t see Someone “Inherit The Business” this bad..

And then I jump straight into the like and punchline reference..

".. If they were FINDING THIS KID A PAMPHLET OF DEEDS."

So, basically, all im doing is finding a wordplay, to fit my punchline reference.. But then im twisting the wordplay with the punchline reference itself.

Kinna see what I mean?

Last edited by Skizzo; 10-04-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Unread 10-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #25

Skizzo
Banned
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 2 audio / 40 text
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Alright cool.

So complexity... In short.. Just means how in depth the concept is, right. So Its mainly going to be, what creative flip do you provide from the wordplay.. To the punchline concept.. And how many layers you add to make that concept more complex.

As an example.. I could say, its hot like fire. Youd understand what I meant.. Fire is hot. Duh. Right? Now, I could also say, its as hot as the devils nutsack. That adds a new layer of complexity.. The thought process is a bit deeper.. Devil, lives in hell, and hell is hot.. Etc. The thought process to that is much more in depth than a simplistic hot like fire.

Bars work the same way in that regards.

The most important thing youre gonna try and focus on, is trying to cleverly flip the wordplays, into actual punchline references that make it creative.

So lets take this multi for example.

From one of my battles a few years back. I said..

The “TITANS IN FLESH DEMANDED A FEAST”, So They brought me “intacom the chatter”, its Like I had a “RIGHTEOUS INTENT & SCANS FROM POLICE”. See You got rap punchlines… but if I “TYSON THE LEFT THIS MAN IS DECEASED”.. Now all them “Gunbars”? “A Pier to be Dead In The Water”,There Aint nothing King TRITON HAS YET TO HANDLE, CAPICHE?? I’m just here to prove all that training.. & you was “Bread To Get Left Behind”, Sorta “LIKE AN ATTEMPT THAT HANSEL WOULD LEAVE”!!!// If this was a grudge match? We’d watch him “Buckle For That Belt”, But he aint “SIZIN TO FIT HIS PANTS & HIS JEANS”.. Nah, I said he’ll “Buckle From That Weak Bullshit” W/O Trynna “RIDE INTO TEXAS RANCHES WIT THESE”!!!(8)// They wouldn’t see Someone “Inherit The Business” this bad, If they were “FINDIN THIS KID A PAMPHLET OF DEEDS”, Cus I’ll pick up the pen, “Denmark A Tragedy”........ it’s Like Im “WRITIN A SCRIPT OF HAMLET TO READ”!!!!//

Notice.. In one of the main parts, Back at the Tyson punch, I didnt say just If I hit him with a left.. I said if I tyson the left, this man is deceased. Thats one of the main subtleties I used complexity.. But in the more noticable parts.. I used the formula, wordplay, like, punchline reference technique.

Basically what that means is.. I start with a wordplay..

They wouldn’t see Someone “Inherit The Business” this bad..

And then I jump straight into the like and punchline reference..

".. If they were FINDING THIS KID A PAMPHLET OF DEEDS."

So, basically, all im doing is finding a wordplay, to fit my punchline reference.. But then im twisting the wordplay with the punchline reference itself.

Kinna see what I mean?

Last edited by Skizzo; 10-04-2018 at 07:47 PM.