View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Brayne Ded
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This was probably the toughest battle for me to vote on for this round. I liked both verses for different reasons. Both writers went in different directions that made me question what I would have wrote about, myself. Writer 2, I like how you structured your verse. It rhymed well and flowed right along for a comfortable read. The breaks in between sets of lines were effective in shifting moods. The ending was a good twist as I was a bit confused as to where the story was going. Some "tears of a clown/be careful what you wish for" type shit. I can dig it. Writer 11, you had a straightforward, direct verse telling me what the topic is. I was a little discouraged the first few lines but it picked up after that. Your verse was a little more intelligent than your opponents but it also had it's shortcomings. You were very descriptive but my main issue with your verse was all the questions I was forced to ask myself. It just didn't seem consistent to me. I don't know... Maybe I just didn't interpret your verse the way you'd intended me to. Both writers posted good verses but when it comes down to it, I liked one's writing style and theme better than the others.

My vote goes to: Writer 2.
Unread 02-09-2018, 10:33 PM   #7

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This was probably the toughest battle for me to vote on for this round. I liked both verses for different reasons. Both writers went in different directions that made me question what I would have wrote about, myself. Writer 2, I like how you structured your verse. It rhymed well and flowed right along for a comfortable read. The breaks in between sets of lines were effective in shifting moods. The ending was a good twist as I was a bit confused as to where the story was going. Some "tears of a clown/be careful what you wish for" type shit. I can dig it. Writer 11, you had a straightforward, direct verse telling me what the topic is. I was a little discouraged the first few lines but it picked up after that. Your verse was a little more intelligent than your opponents but it also had it's shortcomings. You were very descriptive but my main issue with your verse was all the questions I was forced to ask myself. It just didn't seem consistent to me. I don't know... Maybe I just didn't interpret your verse the way you'd intended me to. Both writers posted good verses but when it comes down to it, I liked one's writing style and theme better than the others.

My vote goes to: Writer 2.