View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Brayne Ded
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've read both verses several times now. Writer 14, you had a good interpretation of the topic and used a lot of effective imagery to paint a picture along with your story of grief. Rhyming was simple but effective. It was a smooth read. Writer 16, you had a more complex verse in terms of schemes but.. it might have been too much. Some of it seemed forced or awkwardly worded. Also, I don't know why but the talk of partying and dimebags didn't seem to fit in with the theme. Wasn't sure what time period you were going for. Good read from both of you, good luck in future rounds.

My vote goes to: Writer 14.
Unread 02-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #6

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've read both verses several times now. Writer 14, you had a good interpretation of the topic and used a lot of effective imagery to paint a picture along with your story of grief. Rhyming was simple but effective. It was a smooth read. Writer 16, you had a more complex verse in terms of schemes but.. it might have been too much. Some of it seemed forced or awkwardly worded. Also, I don't know why but the talk of partying and dimebags didn't seem to fit in with the theme. Wasn't sure what time period you were going for. Good read from both of you, good luck in future rounds.

My vote goes to: Writer 14.