View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Brayne Ded
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

These are all very valid opinions and this is headed the direction I'd intended. I'm wanting people to open their eyes and see that battle rap is about more than one component. A dude might have brutal fuckin' haymakers his whole verse but only use monosyllabic rhymes. His opponent might lack punches but have all kinds of crazy 5 syllable rhymes and inner multies. Who should win? The guy with punches might.. but his rhyming sucked. The other guy focused on rhyming and had weak punches. It all comes down to personal preference. I see a lot of votes start with "I feel..." Which is spot on. You vote how you feel. If you write punch heavy, you gon' vote for the first guy. If you're obsessed with rhyming a many syllables as you can, you might vote for the second guy. If you're well rounded and see both sides it might be up to something else like the delivery or flow or nameflips. Battle rap means something different to all of us and we need to acknowledge that shit.
Unread 12-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #6

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

These are all very valid opinions and this is headed the direction I'd intended. I'm wanting people to open their eyes and see that battle rap is about more than one component. A dude might have brutal fuckin' haymakers his whole verse but only use monosyllabic rhymes. His opponent might lack punches but have all kinds of crazy 5 syllable rhymes and inner multies. Who should win? The guy with punches might.. but his rhyming sucked. The other guy focused on rhyming and had weak punches. It all comes down to personal preference. I see a lot of votes start with "I feel..." Which is spot on. You vote how you feel. If you write punch heavy, you gon' vote for the first guy. If you're obsessed with rhyming a many syllables as you can, you might vote for the second guy. If you're well rounded and see both sides it might be up to something else like the delivery or flow or nameflips. Battle rap means something different to all of us and we need to acknowledge that shit.