View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Brayne Ded
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Most Important Component of a Text Battle?

So, as we all know, everyone has different opinions of what a good text verse is. Everyone votes accordingly. Some folks think one thing is more important than another. Nobody's quite "wrong," but that leaves the question of what is "right?"
With that in mind, I wanted to start a new thread in general talk and collect everyone's opinions on what they look for when voting. This can help newer users and veterans alike see what it is people are looking for. I know there are various preexisting threads covering ways to elevate but that is one person's opinion. I'm hoping this can be a community effort to cover a collective opinion on the topic. I think this could be an important discussion.

Let's hear what you think is the most important component of a solid text verse? Here's some obvious examples.

-Multies
-Wordplay (be specific.. idioms, paraphrasing, flips?)
-Setups
-Punches
-Personals
-Flow
-Delivery
-Nameflips

There's definitely some things I forgot and some of these can be combined. Let me hear which one you think is most important and why.
Unread 12-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #1

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Most Important Component of a Text Battle?

So, as we all know, everyone has different opinions of what a good text verse is. Everyone votes accordingly. Some folks think one thing is more important than another. Nobody's quite "wrong," but that leaves the question of what is "right?"
With that in mind, I wanted to start a new thread in general talk and collect everyone's opinions on what they look for when voting. This can help newer users and veterans alike see what it is people are looking for. I know there are various preexisting threads covering ways to elevate but that is one person's opinion. I'm hoping this can be a community effort to cover a collective opinion on the topic. I think this could be an important discussion.

Let's hear what you think is the most important component of a solid text verse? Here's some obvious examples.

-Multies
-Wordplay (be specific.. idioms, paraphrasing, flips?)
-Setups
-Punches
-Personals
-Flow
-Delivery
-Nameflips

There's definitely some things I forgot and some of these can be combined. Let me hear which one you think is most important and why.