View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Rant
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
We've discussed this ad nauseum. The point that is often made and that I side With his that in a live battle or even an audio battle you have more tools to get your point across. Hand gestures and body language in a live battle. Voice inflections and pitch changes in audio. Text doesn't have these luxuries so things that you could highlight in other formats using those aforementioned tools, in text you use expos. As long as you stick to the facts and don't add little asides in your expo, I have no problem with it.
How does inflection, or body language explain a personal in a live battle? Or, how does it explain a reference you've made in a battle? E.G. Who a basketball player is. People expo things that have absolutely nothing to do with inflection or emphasis. Highlighting wordplay can easily be done in a verse in parenthesis.
Unread 12-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #9

Rant

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
We've discussed this ad nauseum. The point that is often made and that I side With his that in a live battle or even an audio battle you have more tools to get your point across. Hand gestures and body language in a live battle. Voice inflections and pitch changes in audio. Text doesn't have these luxuries so things that you could highlight in other formats using those aforementioned tools, in text you use expos. As long as you stick to the facts and don't add little asides in your expo, I have no problem with it.
How does inflection, or body language explain a personal in a live battle? Or, how does it explain a reference you've made in a battle? E.G. Who a basketball player is. People expo things that have absolutely nothing to do with inflection or emphasis. Highlighting wordplay can easily be done in a verse in parenthesis.