View Single Post
Unread 05-23-2016, 01:52 AM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I slant rhyme a lot. Mostly it's not too bad but in some cases people have struggled to rhyme the word I'm rhyming, sometimes down to them not flowing it the way I was or sometimes down to pronunciation or accent. But guess what, that's my fault.

I had a killer personal in a 32 line scheme battler against UA. The scheme was Michael Jackson, my rhyme was Tribal Shaman. That works completely fine with me and to be able to pull out a proper personal off of an "expression or phrase rhyme" in a scheme battle, line was killer. Unfortunately, in America, they pronounce Shaman like it rhymes with "Gay man" instead of "Jammin'" like I would. I had to cut the line because the majority of the voters wouldn't have been able to rhyme it, despite the fact it worked perfectly to me.

This isn't specifically relevant to what you said. In a lot of places, Shaman and Jackson is a fine slant. I really really doubt you will find any defence for Largest and Dollar as a slant rhyme. They are just completely different sounding words, down to every sound they produce. If you can find me a single rhyme I've ever spit that's as off as Largest and Dollar, I'll concede that you're the greatest rapper ever.
Unread 05-23-2016, 01:52 AM   #9

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I slant rhyme a lot. Mostly it's not too bad but in some cases people have struggled to rhyme the word I'm rhyming, sometimes down to them not flowing it the way I was or sometimes down to pronunciation or accent. But guess what, that's my fault.

I had a killer personal in a 32 line scheme battler against UA. The scheme was Michael Jackson, my rhyme was Tribal Shaman. That works completely fine with me and to be able to pull out a proper personal off of an "expression or phrase rhyme" in a scheme battle, line was killer. Unfortunately, in America, they pronounce Shaman like it rhymes with "Gay man" instead of "Jammin'" like I would. I had to cut the line because the majority of the voters wouldn't have been able to rhyme it, despite the fact it worked perfectly to me.

This isn't specifically relevant to what you said. In a lot of places, Shaman and Jackson is a fine slant. I really really doubt you will find any defence for Largest and Dollar as a slant rhyme. They are just completely different sounding words, down to every sound they produce. If you can find me a single rhyme I've ever spit that's as off as Largest and Dollar, I'll concede that you're the greatest rapper ever.