View Single Post
Unread 05-23-2016, 01:46 AM
S A L T
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 2 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
181 Won / 32 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLoKWENT View Post
@M I L K ,,this thread is like saying everyone looks interprets you as a man, because you look , dress, talk, like a man, but you yell out, but 'i feel like a woman' so there fore im a woman..lol

anyway, theres nothing wrong with 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and i agree that LB at times , or with a few people, are really nazi when it comes to slant rhymes,, even daddio at one point spoke about it in his bars.. it goes down to what is the stressed vowel sounds that should be emphasized or heard when read out.. and for one thing, from setup to concept to punchline shouldnt require a huge paragraph to describe/explain the metaphor your tryin to convey,,they should be fairly easy to grasp because majority of LB are casual readers, that want the instant gratification of a good concept, and identifiable flip, .. which then goes back to setup which should be one fluent idea that is realized,concludes in the punchline.. this is the example ive used that i read in 05, on GOLDMIC..
I bet you never had a girl, wit that TALENT YOU GOT,
so you only 'imaginin pussy', like CALVIN AND HOBBES/

as you can see, the two lines are one cohesive idea, that doesnt require a million 'quoted references' to see where the idea was goin.. theres a basic foundation that still needs to be maintained, regardless of how artistic, or stylistic, ones approach tries to convey... yes its a rigid, tried and true formula, but it also is a fundamentally sound approach, that will garner the easiest comprehension... not everyone here wants to scrutinize any obscure or even subtle meanings that may have missed a well trained eye, so to appease more of the masses, sometimes you gotta adapt to fit in, otherwise youll stand out for all the wrong reasons..same goes with underground rappers, or dudes like canibus, who lyrically were ahead of their time, yet monetarily didnt garner much success, due to the unorthadox content.. etc... im not disagreein on your stance cause i can see a few points you bring up, but at the same time, i agree with the others on a few of your multi choices... which were mismatched at times ,and some were a bit too slanted or the stressed sounds didnt jive as well flowwise.. multis imo, are nice to have because when done correctly by anyone, produce a nice flow to what your reading, but it shouldnt be a gamebreaker to someone who has one syllable multis, but relavent setups and stronger punches... multis are just that, a tool to accentuate flow... battles are designed for mainly one thing, to accentuate hard punchlines, clever disses, that utilize personification, alliteration, metaphors, similes, wordplay, etc.etc..etc... the main thing i try to compare is punches first and foremost, if they are even, then i look at relavence in setup, then finally multi usage and structure,,.... and capping is up to the writer where he wants to emphasize, but due to the medium, which is text, its just more practical to cap only complete multis,.. to emphasize where they start and end, .. and yes on audio, dudes do that all the time, droppin a 4 syllable multi, then matchin it up wit a 5, but we're not doin audio, its text, which is more visual and technical, and its better practice to keep multis at ther very least matching....because multis produce a certain rhythm and timing to a person that reads it,(hence flow) and throwin a hard soundin word in between or adding an extra word, throws the timing off, hence the mismatch...
First of fucking eloquent bitch, that was an awesome thorough and appropriate response to this discussion. I appreciate that shit. BUT NO. It's not like yelling "I'm a women" bc that'd be counter productive af. It'd be like writing "Sandwich Artist" on your resume after working at Subway.

And you're lesson, although really great, basically told me to dumb down for LB. Thanks for acknowledging my genius.

Bro wtf I just discovered the "[More]" tag shit, are you kidding me?

i told you stoy was handsome
Unread 05-23-2016, 01:46 AM   #8

S A L T
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.73/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 2 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
181 Won / 32 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 926 text
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLoKWENT View Post
@M I L K ,,this thread is like saying everyone looks interprets you as a man, because you look , dress, talk, like a man, but you yell out, but 'i feel like a woman' so there fore im a woman..lol

anyway, theres nothing wrong with 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and i agree that LB at times , or with a few people, are really nazi when it comes to slant rhymes,, even daddio at one point spoke about it in his bars.. it goes down to what is the stressed vowel sounds that should be emphasized or heard when read out.. and for one thing, from setup to concept to punchline shouldnt require a huge paragraph to describe/explain the metaphor your tryin to convey,,they should be fairly easy to grasp because majority of LB are casual readers, that want the instant gratification of a good concept, and identifiable flip, .. which then goes back to setup which should be one fluent idea that is realized,concludes in the punchline.. this is the example ive used that i read in 05, on GOLDMIC..
I bet you never had a girl, wit that TALENT YOU GOT,
so you only 'imaginin pussy', like CALVIN AND HOBBES/

as you can see, the two lines are one cohesive idea, that doesnt require a million 'quoted references' to see where the idea was goin.. theres a basic foundation that still needs to be maintained, regardless of how artistic, or stylistic, ones approach tries to convey... yes its a rigid, tried and true formula, but it also is a fundamentally sound approach, that will garner the easiest comprehension... not everyone here wants to scrutinize any obscure or even subtle meanings that may have missed a well trained eye, so to appease more of the masses, sometimes you gotta adapt to fit in, otherwise youll stand out for all the wrong reasons..same goes with underground rappers, or dudes like canibus, who lyrically were ahead of their time, yet monetarily didnt garner much success, due to the unorthadox content.. etc... im not disagreein on your stance cause i can see a few points you bring up, but at the same time, i agree with the others on a few of your multi choices... which were mismatched at times ,and some were a bit too slanted or the stressed sounds didnt jive as well flowwise.. multis imo, are nice to have because when done correctly by anyone, produce a nice flow to what your reading, but it shouldnt be a gamebreaker to someone who has one syllable multis, but relavent setups and stronger punches... multis are just that, a tool to accentuate flow... battles are designed for mainly one thing, to accentuate hard punchlines, clever disses, that utilize personification, alliteration, metaphors, similes, wordplay, etc.etc..etc... the main thing i try to compare is punches first and foremost, if they are even, then i look at relavence in setup, then finally multi usage and structure,,.... and capping is up to the writer where he wants to emphasize, but due to the medium, which is text, its just more practical to cap only complete multis,.. to emphasize where they start and end, .. and yes on audio, dudes do that all the time, droppin a 4 syllable multi, then matchin it up wit a 5, but we're not doin audio, its text, which is more visual and technical, and its better practice to keep multis at ther very least matching....because multis produce a certain rhythm and timing to a person that reads it,(hence flow) and throwin a hard soundin word in between or adding an extra word, throws the timing off, hence the mismatch...
First of fucking eloquent bitch, that was an awesome thorough and appropriate response to this discussion. I appreciate that shit. BUT NO. It's not like yelling "I'm a women" bc that'd be counter productive af. It'd be like writing "Sandwich Artist" on your resume after working at Subway.

And you're lesson, although really great, basically told me to dumb down for LB. Thanks for acknowledging my genius.

Bro wtf I just discovered the "[More]" tag shit, are you kidding me?

i told you stoy was handsome