View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2014, 07:27 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3622 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Both Jason and Pugz have points. I think online battle Rap as a whole has been on the decline for some years now and that decline came with the simultaneous rise of live video battle leagues like Smack/KOTD..etc. The fact that live battling has been on the rise proves that battle Rap itself isn't dying...just the format of doing it in online forums. With that said, I think people have given LB way more flack than necessary, blaming us for the decline in membership from not fixing stuff/having the same forum skin. True, a lot of those things we could have done better over the years, but like Jason pointed out, there's only so much we can do against the overall trend and decline of interest in online battling as a whole.
Personally, I think certain aspects of the forum model are outdated period (like the mod/admin structure). If you look at sites like facebook and youtube, believe it or not but they have moderators too. You just never see them. They respond to stuff when people hit "report" buttons or flag certain pages and posts. But the fact that those sites appear relatively autonomous is what I think people have gotten used to. Newer forum softwares like Xenforo are moving towards that as well by incorporating "robot mods" which are programs like @System that makes mod actions and warn/ban people, close/move threads automatically under certain conditions. We can simulate the same sort of thing here through "anonymous modding" which Teek and myself have suggested in the past, but I doubt many people will go for it.
Pugz is working on making LetsBeef about more than just battle Rap, and the idea that Phil Banks posted a few days ago about adding articles from sites like HipHopDX, etc...is something that Pugz has said he wanted to do more than a year ago which we're still going to do. And @Babylon and whoever else, if you truly love LB, stop saying it's dead. You're not doing yourself (as someone who presumably loves LB) or the site any favors by saying that. I believe in the power of affirmations, and as far as I'm concerned, LB lives!
/100
Unread 10-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #22

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3622 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Both Jason and Pugz have points. I think online battle Rap as a whole has been on the decline for some years now and that decline came with the simultaneous rise of live video battle leagues like Smack/KOTD..etc. The fact that live battling has been on the rise proves that battle Rap itself isn't dying...just the format of doing it in online forums. With that said, I think people have given LB way more flack than necessary, blaming us for the decline in membership from not fixing stuff/having the same forum skin. True, a lot of those things we could have done better over the years, but like Jason pointed out, there's only so much we can do against the overall trend and decline of interest in online battling as a whole.
Personally, I think certain aspects of the forum model are outdated period (like the mod/admin structure). If you look at sites like facebook and youtube, believe it or not but they have moderators too. You just never see them. They respond to stuff when people hit "report" buttons or flag certain pages and posts. But the fact that those sites appear relatively autonomous is what I think people have gotten used to. Newer forum softwares like Xenforo are moving towards that as well by incorporating "robot mods" which are programs like @System that makes mod actions and warn/ban people, close/move threads automatically under certain conditions. We can simulate the same sort of thing here through "anonymous modding" which Teek and myself have suggested in the past, but I doubt many people will go for it.
Pugz is working on making LetsBeef about more than just battle Rap, and the idea that Phil Banks posted a few days ago about adding articles from sites like HipHopDX, etc...is something that Pugz has said he wanted to do more than a year ago which we're still going to do. And @Babylon and whoever else, if you truly love LB, stop saying it's dead. You're not doing yourself (as someone who presumably loves LB) or the site any favors by saying that. I believe in the power of affirmations, and as far as I'm concerned, LB lives!
/100