View Single Post
Unread 08-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Lockhart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

@Godbody Pretty much hit the nail on the head with his thought on the app. People have got other shit to do besides get on an app for something that they've become completely inactive with on the computer, so how would the app make any difference? If they're bored with the site and how it's going, they're bored with the site. An app to take them back to a mobile version of the site they're bored with does absolutely nothing to help.

I do agree that some staff members need to either step their game up with what they do or completely bounce from being a mod entirely because there's a lot of them that don't do their job at all or don't do it worth a damn to begin with.

I'm also under the impression that some of the older heads only get on here so they can see if anything has changed or not. If nothing's changed, then they're probably under the impression that other things i.e. Competition, Activity, Things on the site that don't presently work haven't changed, either. (They got bored with the site just like we're doing because nothing looks the same, and they've been here longer, so they're faith in the site has been a lot stronger than ours I guess.)

I'm still on the fence about this live thing that Pugz is running. If they do it more like a tour throughout the country, then I could see it possibly working, but if not and this is only a one-time thing, then it'll flop just like everything else the site has tried to put forward (LBV4 anyone?)

Overall, we need to get new blood in the site and fast. If this means getting a new coder and fixing what's wrong with the site entirely, then by all means, do that. I would literally throw everything including the kitchen sink to save it if I was the owner. This site has HUGE potential to be successful. Adding a radio that people automatically mute because of the auto-play function is NOT the right step one to go in.

That's just my $0.02, though.
Unread 08-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #33

Lockhart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

@Godbody Pretty much hit the nail on the head with his thought on the app. People have got other shit to do besides get on an app for something that they've become completely inactive with on the computer, so how would the app make any difference? If they're bored with the site and how it's going, they're bored with the site. An app to take them back to a mobile version of the site they're bored with does absolutely nothing to help.

I do agree that some staff members need to either step their game up with what they do or completely bounce from being a mod entirely because there's a lot of them that don't do their job at all or don't do it worth a damn to begin with.

I'm also under the impression that some of the older heads only get on here so they can see if anything has changed or not. If nothing's changed, then they're probably under the impression that other things i.e. Competition, Activity, Things on the site that don't presently work haven't changed, either. (They got bored with the site just like we're doing because nothing looks the same, and they've been here longer, so they're faith in the site has been a lot stronger than ours I guess.)

I'm still on the fence about this live thing that Pugz is running. If they do it more like a tour throughout the country, then I could see it possibly working, but if not and this is only a one-time thing, then it'll flop just like everything else the site has tried to put forward (LBV4 anyone?)

Overall, we need to get new blood in the site and fast. If this means getting a new coder and fixing what's wrong with the site entirely, then by all means, do that. I would literally throw everything including the kitchen sink to save it if I was the owner. This site has HUGE potential to be successful. Adding a radio that people automatically mute because of the auto-play function is NOT the right step one to go in.

That's just my $0.02, though.