PDA

View Full Version : For the NFL heads...

FreezyCT
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
we seem to have a lot of ppl here who know their stuff about the NFL...ive seen a lot of predictions and pipe dreams so id like to turn this into something fun...just like the anaylist we watch on tv, why dont we make some bold predictions for this coming football season...realistic ones too - im a huge lions fan, but im not putting my name down saying theyll win the super bowl this year...maybe we can vote on the top 5 or everyone gets one prediction - i dont care....we can predict super bowl winners, overall records, MVP candidates, top positional players, ect...

ill start it off

Seasonal Record Predictions
Freezy - Cincinnati Bengals (0-16) WRONG!
Stoy - Pittsburg Steelers (14-2)
DMullz - New York Jets/New England Patriots (11-5)
Mastr - Denver Broncos (7-9)
Dosage - Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5)

Super Bowl Predictions
Stoy - Pittsburg Steelers
Exzachly - Pittsburg Steelers (Over Philadelphia Eagles)
DMullz - New York Jets
Freezy - New England Patriots
Dosage - Jacksonville Jaguars (Over Chicago Bears)
Mastr - Green Bay Packers (Over New England Patriots)

MVP Candidates
Dosage - Maurice Jones-Drew (Jax RB)

Player Stat Predictions
Freezy - Matt Stafford (Det QB) 30+ Touchdowns

John Dos
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
FALSE

I think they will be 8-8 actually, the rookie QB will get playing time, and AJ Green will have a good season.

S A L T
08-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Steelers will win the superbowl. 14-2 reg. season record.

John Dos
08-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Kill yaself^^^

FreezyCT
08-22-2011, 12:15 PM
lol @ you Dose...sometimes you leave me scratching my head....you realize they HAVE to play their rookie QB - its not a situation of "so an so out performed the other guy, he looked good, and were confident with this up coming season" lol...its a sitatuion of your franchise player not wanting to be a part of the organization anymore...Palmer knows whats good and he wants a ticket on the first plane out...they have 2 qbs with ZERO experience and bruce gradkowski (sp) and are rumored to be heavily in on Pryor - another bad sign for the team...this is a 'fold it up' year for the Bengals, very very similar to the one Detorit had a few years ago

Mayneak
08-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Tom Brady...all im saying :high:

FreezyCT
08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
thats all that needs to be said quite frankly..

John Dos
08-22-2011, 12:30 PM
@ Freezy I know man
but don't sleep on that rookie son. he might surprise some ppl

FreezyCT
08-22-2011, 12:32 PM
that type of talk makes me think youre Andy Dalton

S A L T
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
fuck you dos! bengals are trash.

FreezyCT
08-22-2011, 12:59 PM
so stoy - should i cement that as your predicition....super bowl - Pitt and record 14-2?

exZACHly
08-22-2011, 08:51 PM
PHI vs PIT....PIT wins 27-24

S A L T
08-22-2011, 11:54 PM
it'll happen. @sausagefingers

dmullz
08-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Jets will go 11-5 split the division games with the pats- but the Pats will fluke lose to the bills and go 11-5 but jets will have better division record.....Jets will go to the SuperBowl, and....

Bengals will win 3-4 games
Texans will make the playoffs and take the division
Steelers will go 10-6 lose in divisional round
Lions will lose in the wild card round- but will be there Pending Health
Jaguars will go 9-7 just miss playoffs and jack del rio will lose his job
Rams will win that division
I will have a stressful season with my Jets cause every game will be a good one
Giants will go 7-9
Philly will take division at 12-4 and go to Superbowl

Eagles Vs. Jets Superbowl
Eagles Packers NFC ship
Jets Texans AFC Ship

Good Day sir
and my Team that I play for will go undefeated and go up in flames in the Playoffs same as last season smh #lifeofaDLinemen

MR-LETS-BEEF
08-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Steelers will win the superbowl. 14-2 reg. season record.

Pittsburg might have the necessary weapons to go all the way but as far as for the 2011 season, that's not going to happen. Record wise, they'll have a nice record but I see more than 2 losing games in their season. If all the hype goes into the team from early, they'll choke, guaranteed.

Tom Brady...all im saying :high:

Very good potential. A lot to offer for the season. Rookies are looking nice. They have promise to succeed but they will have stiff competition this year.

PHI vs PIT....PIT wins 27-24

You, my friend, should stick to fantasy football [if you play]. Yes, Vick [so far the most talked about at the head of QB] will have his good moments, his bad moments and his “what the fuck” moments. The Eagles are more of a Defense team especially with their new recruits. Beat their defense, you beat the Eagles. [P.S. - No Vick, No Stability..]

exZACHly
08-23-2011, 02:16 AM
McCoy and Ronnie Brown will snap too, D.Jackson and Maclin are both good....Vince Young will get it done IF Vick gets hurt....and yes there Defense is sick too....But you're right i will stick to FF and be cheering for the players in my Money Leagues lol...Just my prediction so what's yours??

FreezyCT
08-23-2011, 10:58 AM
UPDATED - lets get some predictions....@Mullz - you have two teams but no clear winner for the Super Bowl

Brodie B
08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
My team will finish a dismal 7-9 and miss the playoffs yet again...

dmullz
08-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Thats cause one of my predictions is my teams........I cant jinx it

FreezyCT
08-23-2011, 01:41 PM
@mastr - Houton i assume?

Brodie B
08-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Nah i like the donks lmao. We might be decent this year though. When Moreno gets injured(and we all know he will) our run won't collapse with McGahee.

FreezyCT
08-23-2011, 02:19 PM
so 7-9....and how do you feel about the Tebow situation

Brodie B
08-23-2011, 05:07 PM
I've liked Orton in the past so i'm not surprised at all about him starting. As for Tebow and Quinn i'd rather see Tebow play just because he has that ability to run. Especially since our O line sucks and he is forced to scramble. Still has a lot to learn though but he'll be a decent QB down the line

MR-LETS-BEEF
08-23-2011, 05:42 PM
McCoy and Ronnie Brown will snap too, D.Jackson and Maclin are both good....Vince Young will get it done IF Vick gets hurt....and yes there Defense is sick too....But you're right i will stick to FF and be cheering for the players in my Money Leagues lol...Just my prediction so what's yours??

Vince Young.. I doubt he'll be any threat if Vick gets hurt. Just my personal opinion. Thought he came into the NFL business over-rated. [Props to him making the NFL cover]

My predictions? I always go for the lower class-man teams. However, McNabb is scheduled to do business in Minnesota. I am eager to see how the Panthers overcome their new look. The Raiders will be dynamic this year. Broncos got a lot of promise this year. As far as my team goes.. they'll do what they need to do to get to the Post Season. Hopefully, they gut it and come out effective.

FreezyCT
08-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Vince Young.. I doubt he'll be any threat if Vick gets hurt. Just my personal opinion. Thought he came into the NFL business over-rated. [Props to him making the NFL cover]

My predictions? I always go for the lower class-man teams. However, McNabb is scheduled to do business in Minnesota. I am eager to see how the Panthers overcome their new look. The Raiders will be dynamic this year. Broncos got a lot of promise this year. As far as my team goes.. they'll do what they need to do to get to the Post Season. Hopefully, they gut it and come out effective.

i agree 100% with your statements about VYoung - i never saw what others saw in him...he scrabbles as a last resort, instead of a threat, and is a terrible decission maker...as for McNabb in Minn - i think thats a desperation move to give Ponder an extra year under his belt, which makes this year a throw-in for them (atleast i hope from a Det perspective) Anything specific youd like to throw up on the Prediction Table?

@Mastr - i jsut read this no-name stud from UMinn came in and stole Tebow's 3rd string spot..

exZACHly
08-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Vince Young is good...His work ethic and attitude make me hate him, but he's a good player....Just if healthy that team will be hard to beat....also think ATL and GB will be the Teams to beat in NFC.....HOU, BAL and NE are sick as well....Def going to be a good year

MR-LETS-BEEF
08-24-2011, 06:31 PM
i agree 100% with your statements about VYoung - i never saw what others saw in him...he scrabbles as a last resort, instead of a threat, and is a terrible decission maker...as for McNabb in Minn - i think thats a desperation move to give Ponder an extra year under his belt, which makes this year a throw-in for them (atleast i hope from a Det perspective) Anything specific youd like to throw up on the Prediction Table?

Though McNabb has impressed me while he was in Washington [until he fell downward], I hope the semi hype around him in Minnesota goes way better than when Moss returned. Ponder has more than just options to make. QB was maybe the most needed but the offensive line isn't all that sharp. Though Minnesota has much to gain, I don't see enough potential now as I did with the whole unlocking of the lockout.

John Dos
08-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Jets will go 11-5 split the division games with the pats- but the Pats will fluke lose to the bills and go 11-5 but jets will have better division record.....Jets will go to the SuperBowl, and....

Bengals will win 3-4 games
Texans will make the playoffs and take the division
Steelers will go 10-6 lose in divisional round
Lions will lose in the wild card round- but will be there Pending Health
Jaguars will go 9-7 just miss playoffs and jack del rio will lose his job
Rams will win that division
I will have a stressful season with my Jets cause every game will be a good one
Giants will go 7-9
Philly will take division at 12-4 and go to Superbowl

Eagles Vs. Jets Superbowl
Eagles Packers NFC ship
Jets Texans AFC Ship

Good Day sir
and my Team that I play for will go undefeated and go up in flames in the Playoffs same as last season smh #lifeofaDLinemen

How Dare you speak such blasphemy!

John Dos
08-24-2011, 07:32 PM
AFC: The Indianapolis Colts will miss the playoffs for the first time in a long time. The Kansas City Chiefs will go 11-5 and be a very strong contender for the Super Bowl. The New England Patriots will struggle to start the season, but will finish strong, and Chad Ochocinco will have a huge season. The Baltimore Ravens will miss the playoffs by one game, or just barely make the wild card. The New York Jets will pick up right where they left off last year, and if they stay healthy, will be the top seed in their division. The Pittsburgh Steelers will have an average season, make the playoffs, but will be eliminated in the opening round. The San Diego Chargers will be the team to watch for, not alot of talent at the receving end besides Jackson, who will have another huge year, but they could be a threat late in the season if they stay healthy. The Jacksonville Jaguars will go 10-6, make the playoffs, and defeat the Colts twice in the regular season, and Maurice Jones Drew will be a very strong candidate for MVP.

NFC: The Green Bay Packers will wreak havoc throughout the NFC, pummeling almost every team in their path, and make the playoffs quite easily. The only threats I see to them are the Chicago Bears and The Philidelphia Eagles. The Bears always have close games with the Packers, and the Eagles will want revenge from the playoff loss from the previous season. The Chicago Bears will struggle early on with their offensive line, but should be a strong competitor throughout the season, and I see no reason why they would miss the playoffs, especially with Roy Williams at WR, him and Knox will put up huge numbers, and Hester will hold down the fort for the Kick Returns. The Detroit Lions also have a big chance to finally make the playoffs if Stafford stays healthy, with Fairley and Suh on the D-Line anything can happen. The Atlanta Falcons will make the playoffs, but they will have a rough start to the season. The New Orleans Saints will have a hell of a year, but I don't think they are the same team that went to the Super Bowl 2 years ago, and they will be eliminated in the 2nd rd of the playoffs, if they even make it that far.

Every team I didn't mention will most likely suck this year with the exception of maybe Oakland and Denver for the AFC and Tampa Bay for the NFC.

Super Bowl: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Chicago Bears

I have spoken.

FreezyCT
08-25-2011, 08:42 AM
^this guy..

*this just in* Roy Williams is on the verge of getting cut by the Bears..

told you

FreezyCT
08-25-2011, 08:43 AM
AFC: The Indianapolis Colts will miss the playoffs for the first time in a long time. The Kansas City Chiefs will go 11-5 and be a very strong contender for the Super Bowl. The New England Patriots will struggle to start the season, but will finish strong, and Chad Ochocinco will have a huge season. The Baltimore Ravens will miss the playoffs by one game, or just barely make the wild card. The New York Jets will pick up right where they left off last year, and if they stay healthy, will be the top seed in their division. The Pittsburgh Steelers will have an average season, make the playoffs, but will be eliminated in the opening round. The San Diego Chargers will be the team to watch for, not alot of talent at the receving end besides Jackson, who will have another huge year, but they could be a threat late in the season if they stay healthy. The Jacksonville Jaguars will go 10-6, make the playoffs, and defeat the Colts twice in the regular season, and Maurice Jones Drew will be a very strong candidate for MVP.

NFC: The Green Bay Packers will wreak havoc throughout the NFC, pummeling almost every team in their path, and make the playoffs quite easily. The only threats I see to them are the Chicago Bears and The Philidelphia Eagles. The Bears always have close games with the Packers, and the Eagles will want revenge from the playoff loss from the previous season. The Chicago Bears will struggle early on with their offensive line, but should be a strong competitor throughout the season, and I see no reason why they would miss the playoffs, especially with Roy Williams at WR, him and Knox will put up huge numbers, and Hester will hold down the fort for the Kick Returns. The Detroit Lions also have a big chance to finally make the playoffs if Stafford stays healthy, with Fairley and Suh on the D-Line anything can happen. The Atlanta Falcons will make the playoffs, but they will have a rough start to the season. The New Orleans Saints will have a hell of a year, but I don't think they are the same team that went to the Super Bowl 2 years ago, and they will be eliminated in the 2nd rd of the playoffs, if they even make it that far.

Every team I didn't mention will most likely suck this year with the exception of maybe Oakland and Denver for the AFC and Tampa Bay for the NFC.

Super Bowl: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Chicago Bears

I have spoken.

i need an overall record for any team, and a winner for the super bowl matchup

John Dos
08-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Jacksonville Jaguars- 11-5

Super Bowl- Jaguars vs Bears

Brodie B
08-25-2011, 06:12 PM
My Playoff/Superbowl prediction

NE vs Indy in the AFC Championship
Philly vs GB in the NFC Championship

NE vs GB in the Superbowl with GB edging out the win by 7 points or less

And where'd you read that on Tebow? Denver fans would riot if they picked up another QB within the next 5 years.

FreezyCT
08-29-2011, 11:15 AM
undrafted free agent out of Minnesota - apparently homie has Tom Brady like qualities

exZACHly
08-29-2011, 11:53 AM
That Rookie RB from OAK is a BEAST!!! lol.......EDIT: Taiwan Jones

MOE803
08-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Gb a9ain fukk steelers n da rest lol

John Dos
08-29-2011, 01:11 PM
GB should be beastly again, for real

FreezyCT
08-29-2011, 01:22 PM
who thinks T Pryor makes it onto the field this year?

and better yet, who thinks he'll be productive?

exZACHly
08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Depends if they're winning or not, but i see him playing a few games....Don't know how successful he'll be, but he has potential.

FreezyCT
08-29-2011, 01:56 PM
i think al davis will throw him in there the minute Pryors suspension is up...they arent too high on jason campbell and we all know how much davis loves speed...unfortunately, hes in the wrong place if he wants to succeed...see JaMarcus Russell

exZACHly
08-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah but like i said if they start 5-0 i doubt there will be a change....and Russell just sucks, all he has is an arm

FreezyCT
08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
i agree - but obviously, they dont see themselves starting out 5-0