PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever meditate

Dono
06-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Or do self-hypnosis to to get over writer's block?

Or do you all just drink and smoke till you can write again?

Mostly just wondering what people do to get over writers block or lack of motivation.

As a side note my name is pronounced 'dawn oh' not 'dough know'
It doesn't rhyme with homo, douchefucks.

Catharsis
06-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I meditate frequently, I've done sensory deprivation. Never heard of self hypnosis. ...I also smoke a lot of weed hahaha. I don't drink though, that shit doesn't do the trick anymore.

AfterThought
06-19-2011, 06:27 PM
yh, Krhyme does Self HitNoses. :violent:

Dono
06-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Never heard of sensory deprivation. Is it just a tool to ease/further meditation? Self-hypnosis is similiar to meditation (at least from what I understand, I've never done meditiation) except instead of trying to clear your mind, relax and release everything, you go into it with specific goals or problems you want to focus all of your energy on.

AfterThought
06-19-2011, 06:32 PM
P.S "Dawn Oh" would rhyme wit Homo in british english :high:

Catharsis
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Never heard of sensory deprivation. Is it just a tool to ease/further meditation? Self-hypnosis is similiar to meditation (at least from what I understand, I've never done meditiation) except instead of trying to clear your mind, relax and release everything, you go into it with specific goals or problems you want to focus all of your energy on.

that right there...is meditation fam.
Sensory deprivation is just, no lights, no sounds, sometimes suspended in a water pod....sometimes just in your room with some noise cancelling headphones and the lights off. It gets pretty intense after a few hours.

Dono
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Lot of people from the states speak in British English then. Bastards.

that right there...is meditation fam.
Sensory deprivation is just, no lights, no sounds, sometimes suspended in a water pod....sometimes just in your room with some noise cancelling headphones and the lights off. It gets pretty intense after a few hours.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, self-hypnosis is a similiar state of being as meditation, just with different purposes.
And that sensory deprivation stuff sounds interesting, on the other hand it might freak me the fuck out after an extended period of time. Quality thinking time though I suppose.

Dono
06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
writers block is a figment of your imagination. stop sittin there thinking theres a big knot in your brain.. nothin but yourself is preventing you from writing

Not sure if it's what you're saying or not but I'm not having any issues right now. But I definitely feel as though there's times when my quality of writing drops off until I step back for a minute and reorganize my thoughts which is my personal equivalent of writer's block. I mean I can still write words but the concepts and whatnot are definitely weaker.

Just my thoughts, to each their own.

AfterThought
06-19-2011, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=DonoTheGod;642995]Lot of people from the states speak in British English then. Bastards.QUOTE]

?...i dont have to speak in british english to know that..:high:

Dono
06-19-2011, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=DonoTheGod;642995]Lot of people from the states speak in British English then. Bastards.

?...i dont have to speak in british english to know that..:high:

I know. What I'm saying is people from the states (or are at least repping the states) are using that rhyme, which is probably not how they'd say it in real life.

Not really that important of a point.

That whole thing was more of a joke than anything.

Catharsis
06-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I've seen a lot of us yanks trying to use some of the queens english in the rap shit.. like saying arse instead of ass to suit the rhyme.... but it's whatever. I'm sure brit's weren't saying Ock and 'four fifth' before a filthy american pig like myself said it first. But fuck it... It's all the same language anyway.

NOBLE
06-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I meditate sometimes...not too familiar with "self-hypnosis" but I practice subconscious programming...I've never tried to apply it to writing rhymes or overcoming writer's block though

AfterThought
06-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I've seen a lot of us yanks trying to use some of the queens english in the rap shit.. like saying arse instead of ass to suit the rhyme.... but it's whatever. I'm sure brit's weren't saying Ock and 'four fifth' before a filthy american pig like myself said it first. But fuck it... It's all the same language anyway.

True..True..:high:

Herodotus
06-19-2011, 10:10 PM

Nowhere fucking near, haha.
Maybe in Irish or Scottish?

@Dono, usually some inspiration is good.
I'm still in college and doing English A-level, moving on to English or Drama/English degree.

Meditation wise? Getting back into it after these exams.
I do yoga; keeps you balanced and on-point, another form of meditation.
Inspiration is the most imporant thing. Do you read at all?
Reading others' work is the fuel for you own fire bro.

Herodotus
06-19-2011, 10:12 PM
It's all the same language anyway.

Yeah, until YOU STOLE IT. :mad:

Godbody
06-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Sensory deprivation is the best way to find yourself.

I meditate, all the time. But not to get over writer's block. Sometimes its just good to sit there and think about whats going on around you and figure out what the fuck your next move needs to be.

I basically just smoke hella weed and it helps.

Dono
06-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Nowhere fucking near, haha.
Maybe in Irish or Scottish?

@Dono, usually some inspiration is good.
I'm still in college and doing English A-level, moving on to English or Drama/English degree.

Meditation wise? Getting back into it after these exams.
I do yoga; keeps you balanced and on-point, another form of meditation.
Inspiration is the most imporant thing. Do you read at all?
Reading others' work is the fuel for you own fire bro.

I've tried yoga before, couldn't really get into it. I think it's something to do with playing sports and lifting so slow paced, relaxing physical activity doesn't seem very appealing. I don't know, I should probably take another shot at it.
I don't really read that often these days, mostly just listen to music while I do other stuff. Shame really, I should try and wiggle in some reading time.

Sensory deprivation is the best way to find yourself.

I meditate, all the time. But not to get over writer's block. Sometimes its just good to sit there and think about whats going on around you and figure out what the fuck your next move needs to be.

I basically just smoke hella weed and it helps.

I'll have to try sensory deprivation sometime, sounds like it's worthwhile. Meditation too probably, even though i'd imagine it's pretty much the same as self-hypnosis.

Catharsis
06-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah, until YOU STOLE IT. :mad:

That makes no sense, I said it's the same language anyway.... so it's a different language now that we stole it?
And anyway...fuck the queen. :pimp:

GenKhysQ
06-20-2011, 01:49 AM
writers block is a figment of your imagination. stop sittin there thinking theres a big knot in your brain.. nothin but yourself is preventing you from writing

+1

or you can try having sex (with a woman...ok??), or if you cant get a girl, masturbate...

This has been proven effective by "MASTR".

Hence his name, i bet cha'll didn't know that one. :eek:

FreezyCT
06-20-2011, 11:03 AM
lol explain that